Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member Introduce Myself

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 250Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
15 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Just for fun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!

I am very happy to find and join this forum!
I am 65 living in Chicago USA.
I inherited stamp collection from my grate grand father who started collecting stamps since 1900. He was not wealthy, hence did not spend too much money on stamps but just grab whatever he cold from all over the world. China was isolated from the rest of the world since 1949, and he could only add Chinese stamps and some CCCP/East-Europe ones from then on. He left his collection to me when he passed away in 1974. I kept the collection without doing much and brought them with me when I immigrated to the USA some 30+ years ago.
I added a few stamps (US and rest of the world) throughout the years, just for fun, no specific topic.
I will retire in a couple of years. I hope one day I can have at least one stamp from every country/region in the world (I have about 189 so far, including some country/region no longer exist or stopped issuing stamps).
Send note to Staff
Edited by Just for fun - 05/12/2021 11:57 am

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7441 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome

Peter

Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome.

Do you have a list of those stamp issuing entities for which you still need an example?
Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Calstamp: Some example would be Channel Islands, Isle of Man,
Faeroe Islands (I do not know if they issue stamps or not).
I also missing North Macedonia and Benin (and several more). Thanks for asking.

Edited by Just for fun - 05/12/2021 11:31 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
608 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Valued Member
United States
483 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just for fan,

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
Posted 05/24/2021   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.

I count almost 1,300 stamp-issuing authorities since 1840, so you're a little about 15% of the way to your goal.
Valued Member
Spain
272 Posts
Posted 05/24/2021   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
Welcome.
The ASFE theme -A Stamps From Everywhere is very popular. For some, a stamp from each country is enough, others go much further, as this Danish collector.
Regards.

http://www.asfe.dk/
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3016 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!!
Al
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   10:31 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 250Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05