Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Did The Latest Kelleher Auction Go?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 615Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mootermutt987 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got home last night after a hard day at work, and settled into my nightly habit of surfing the net for an hour before I go to bed at 2. When I checked SAN, they had the latest Kelleher sale posted. It was a 'name' sale (can't remember the name) and it was chock full of decent stuff - a number of 1847's (a really nice looking 1c), a deeply colored mint #10 (NOT 10A) a whole slew of 10c 1855's
, a 'fun' looking block of 12 (or was it of 9?) of #35, nice dollar value Columbians, bluish papers including Fine 4c and 8c, etc, etc, etc.

I got up this AM, and went to admire it a bit more, and it is gone! I went to the Kelleher site... and nothing. Does anyone have an idea of where it may have gone?? Who posts an auction, then unposts it??
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2379 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well its there, but not linked - and says "The sale is not ready for display". I took the prior sale and changed the URL to point to the next sale number.

https://db.kelleherauctions.com/php...g=1&sale=757
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7435 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Something must have changed. They have an ad in the APS Journal that says May 2021, but the above link give June as the date

Peter
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I exchanged emails with Kelleher about their "upcoming in May" Crimson sale and was told that the date had been moved out to June (advertising copy hasn't been changed) and that the sale would appear on their website next week. Also, because this sale's catalog is hardbound, I was asked to submit a one page form (how much do I spend annually on stamps, do I bid at auctions, what do a I collect, etc.).

The link posted by TxStamp is active, but none of the links from that page work. Guess I will have to practice my patience skills.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Saw it and perused it this morning on SAN about 6 am CDT, but it is gone now. I think it was the "Crimson Collection".
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like the "Highlights of the Sale" link at the page top is working - brings up info about a 389 on cover, 211D, 205C, 197, 120b, 119b, 23, 11X6, and some back of the book.
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add therevenueman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I to was wondering the same thing saw the crimson sale at 4AM today then went back and it was no longer on SAN. Also noticed the sale date changed to June. Kellher now advising there site is going down for maintenance.
Edited by therevenueman - 05/12/2021 7:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6248 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received this email:

Quote:
Dear DFK Client,

Please be advised that beginning tomorrow, Thursday May 13th at 12 Noon our site and the payment portal will be unavailable as we are cutting over to a Brand New Website with many exciting features.

We expect to be live shortly. You will receive a notice when this is completed.

If you need any assistance, contact us @: 800-

Perhaps it has something to do with the confusion.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
544 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I, a Kelleher client as well, also received the email above.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if they are going to their 'own' auction bidding system, a la Siegel's? I hope not. AND... I hope that whatever they have planned is totally transparent. I just don't need to be learning a new 'system' every few months. I have enough trouble remembering to take a shower every few months.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6248 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A searchable database Ala Siegel Power Search? Live bidding platform? Forum? Free gasoline with $1000 in auction purchases? I am excited to see what is in the offing. All good for the hobby. Better than the status quo. Signs of vigor and looking towards the future.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5596 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   08:08 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"A brand new website with many exciting features". Now that's one of the more ominous and depressing phrases in the English language.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6248 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of like "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. ".
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
116 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Kelleher has announced availability of their new website, but it seems that the Crimson Sale has still not been listed.
https://www.kelleherauctions.com/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
763 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   7:04 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears they are continuing on with SAN:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6248 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Crimson is now listed on the Home page.

The searchable database they have now is a SAN product. My SAN searches show up when I go to the new Kelleher database. Everything is laid out the same, same icons and buttons, same colors. You get the drift. Same as SAN.

Edit to add: Of course it is SAN. It redirects to SAN with a Kelleher header. I just looked at the address and the light bulb went off.
Edited by rogdcam - 05/15/2021 7:15 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 615Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05