Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help Identify

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 390Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
6 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampnewbie21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I found this envelope in my inherited stamp collection. Please identify and provide information on history or value. I believe it has something to do with the Panama Canal Zone, maybe before Panama was Panama. Any information is greatly appreciated!!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
1739 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why Panama?
Bucaramanga and Puerto Wilches are two towns in Santander Department,Colombia
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about Panama as Panama separated from Columbia in 1903. This one is postmarked 1928.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1739 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampnewbie21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This particular envelope was with a collection of stamps and other envelopes from the Canal Zone, which is why I thought it may be related. I overlooked the date stamped on the back (rookie error). Please bare with me as I try to learn the ins and outs of stamp collecting. Does anyone else have any informtion about the stamps?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1135 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SCADTA - from what I read - This was the worlds 2nd airline, the first in the Americas. It operated from 1919 until WWII. After the war it combined with Colombian Air Service.
SCADTA Is Spanish for Sociedad Colombo Alemana des Transportes Aeroes.

Otherwise your cover was mailed and received in 1926 in Colombia. It is a nice air mail cover, except for the fold or crease, franked to the right with two air mail stamps issued in 1921. C25 - 5 Centavos and C26 - 10 Centavos The other two, not sure as I dont have my catalogue with me.

Edit: Scott #'s used above.
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/14/2021 9:33 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
1739 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamps on the left are Michel # 291 ( from 1925) and Michel # 275 (from 1923)
I don't have Scott numbers
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 390Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05