Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Postage Stamps Of Cameroun (Rep Of Cameroon)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 278Next Topic  
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/18/2021   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1916 Steiner Page 7.

1921 Steiner Page 8.
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/18/2021   06:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Rod. Almost every time you post pictures, I keep thinking we have the same collection.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Almost every time you post pictures, I keep thinking we have the same collection.

We do Nicholas
All the common stuff. (which I adore anyhows)

You shall notice if searching (say) " eBay Cameroun collection"
the pages offered match our own.
Blighters, lift off the valuables, and list them singularly (at vastly inflated prices)
This is the nature of the beast.

Edited by rod222 - 05/19/2021 1:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's two of my similar pages. Sad to tell you we don't have the exact same collection, but pretty close!

Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well those are were really tiny. Here's a different set.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/19/2021   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Nicholas, a step up from my pages.
The Elephant series is lovely.

The Cameroun Farmer and Cattle is a poignant stamp for me,
It was the first stamp, as a six or seven year old, I ripped in half, trying to remove it from a page.
It broke my heart at the time, little did I know, there are millions of them.

PS: You are convincing me of the value of "clear mounts"

Edited by rod222 - 05/19/2021 9:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind comments, Rod. As for my pages being a step up, not sure about that. Your pages always look very nice and you take the extra time to add more information to them. I'm about as basic as it comes with respect to mounting. I picked the standard cream color paper and used the non-fancy Steiner pages. I decided long ago to use clear mounts to hide my mistakes in cutting mounts crooked (even with a mount cutter) and then sometimes mounting them a bit crooked as well. Ultimately, each collector likes what they like. Just happy to be part of this forum for the help it provides and the sharing of beautiful stamps. Going through the process of mounting country by country lets me see all the stamps at least once and then the mounted pages when they are done before going into the binders.

That's a great story about the Farmer and Cattle stamp. I too have ripped a few stamps over the years and I'm sure I will damage a few more before I am done.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05