Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Minor Complaints On HipStamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 385Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1197 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   12:00 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add rlsny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently started selling on hipstamp. I've been on eBay for a few years and am using the eBay sync capability of hip to keep listings in sync.

Mostly I'm happy with hip but the software is primitive compared to eBay and I have a few minor complaints I want to share.

1) You can't delete an item in one of their big auctions. This has proved to be a problem a couple of times. Currently there is a stamp listed in the "premium" auction which was deleted on eBay. I have had to open a ticket to hopefully get it deleted.

2) eBay sync replaced the word " eBay" with "hip" in stamp descriptions. This made no sense in my case and a manual find and replace operation was necessary to fix it. Not a big issue, but they should explain it.

3) I had a stamp that said "looks unused" in the description because it had a very light cancel. It is listed as used and clearly says it is cancelled. Hip somehow put its condition as unused. Just luck that I noticed it and fixed it manually.

4) There is nothing in the nature of following up on late payments. It is fully up to the seller.

5) Not a technical issue, but a reality check: There is nowhere near enough of an active market to risk putting anything remotely valuable up on their "no reserve" auction. Bunch of junk on there and a nice stamp will sell at a junk price.

6) Once an offer is accepted it stays there even if the buyer cancels. I have a stamp that looks like it sold even though it is still for sale. I could cancel it on eBay and relist to fix the problem, but there are a lot of watchers on eBay who would be knocked off so I'm just accepting that it will never sell on hip.

Overall I'm pretty ok with hipstamp - but it ain't perfect.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
964 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting points - I don't do auctions or eBay sync so haven't run into most of those issues. FYI I have emails for a couple folks at Hip, feel free to PM me for them. Then you can let them know of your concerns directly :).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Croatia (Local Name: Hrvatska)
128 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The_Pope to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. about Hipstamp. Was thinking about start selling there. How are sales going compared with eBay? I"m from Europe and sell various worldwide stamp lots. Would that go on Hipstamps?
I use Paypal is that ok there? Thank in advance.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
964 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   4:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Hipstamp is set up for PayPal. It's ideal for singles/sets, not as good for mixed lots. Majority of the buyers are US based, with Canada, UK & Australia next.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1197 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   5:03 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I should mention that the ticket I opened to delete the one record worked. They cleaned it up and said they were going to do a full re-sync to make sure there were no other issues.

I only sell US, so I don't know about WW. I use Paypal to print address labels. Works fine.

Sales initially were very strong, then dropped off. I'm trying to leverage their auction system to get myself known there.

Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05