Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Local Stamps Could This Be Original?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 498Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
163 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
According to my specialized scott cat (2002 this stamp is 20L13 L58 dull orange is that a genuine one?coul I buy it??? thank you

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tipzi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To, me, it's not an obvious fake, and I'd spend $5 or so just to get it and do the research. What bothers me about it is that it looks like it's been glued down to the piece of paper. It's not a piece of the original cover so I'm guessing it is cut from an old album.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tipzi,thanks I will try to buy it,is not a auction,he wants 15 but I will try to get it for 10 thanks again
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1482 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The best reference for US locals is Larry Lyon's (expensive) three-volume set "The Identifier for Carriers, Locals, Fakes, Forgeries and Bogus Posts of the United States." This looks like a genuine Type VIII example of this stamp, 20L13. It could possibly be a reprint (requires close examination under magnification to be sure).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4384 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 05/16/2021 12:28 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 498Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05