Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

To The Community Of US Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 517Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add StampNube to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all this is StampNube wife to StillsStamps. On some occasions my husband has used my account to post because I was logged into the computer. I just want to say how disappointed I am to see the absolute rude comments made to someone who is trying to learn more. It was my idea to join this forum because we had no idea where to begin with his inheritance. To those who have said things like "are apes doing certificates" keep your comments to yourself. Our generation has little interest most likely because y'all's generation doesn't take the time to help instead this process has been discouraging and disappointing. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the rude comments I have seen. I hope he will continue to try to learn. Thank you~
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6247 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For what it's worth I just looked at all his posts on the 1st page here and didn't see any rude replies. In fact everyone was quite helpful and answered his questions. Did I miss something?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I read the Abraham thread. There were a couple of posts poking fun at words not spelled correctly.
Pillar Of The Community
856 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stallzer, You did not miss anything.

What is discouraging to this person is that people disproved he had an extremely rare stamp and keeps trying to get people to agree.

Other than to accept one may have been too optimistic, one can also blame everyone for what is wrong in this world.
Edited by NSK - 05/15/2021 5:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To those who have said things like "are apes doing certificates" keep your comments to yourself.

StampNube, are you sure you are reading the responses correctly? NOBODY has said "are apes doing certificates". They have said "are APES doing certificates". APES is the American Philatelic Expertizing Service.
https://stamps.org/services/stamp-authentication
Learn More...
9387 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   6:33 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Our generation has little interest most likely because y'all's generation doesn't take the time to help instead this process has been discouraging and disappointing...

As someone who has donated over 1500 man hours per year for the last 6 years into helping others in this hobby (including moderating this forum and developing the free Stamp Smarter website); your comment was is way off base and frankly insulting.

I read all posts and personal attacks are not allowed and I also try to keep things friendly. There have been numerous helpful (and accurate) replies. And as stated above, the APES reference is most likely the misunderstanding of an acronym. Why not ask for clarification in the thread and/or contact Staff and ask for help instead of the public flame of the community?

By posting more and more pictures after receiving the correct replies, many in the community will begin to assume that you do not like the replies you are getting. I do not know your intentions but I can link literally hundreds of threads here where this has been exactly the case.

I also locked one of your accounts because the rules you agreed to prohibits multiple accounts. Had you communicated to me that there were multiple family members in the same household wanting accounts, this could have been avoided.

In my opinion you owe the community an apology.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the APES reference is most likely the misunderstanding of an acronym

The APES (American Philatelic Expertising Service) issues APEX (American Philatelic EXpertising) Certificates. Certs which for a long time were just called APS Certs in philatelic vernacular.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 05/15/2021 10:30 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1919 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I posted the "apes" comment with reference to the many controversies the hobby has experienced due to inconsistent and contradictory opinions from third party certification services. There are numerous and recent threads on this topic in the forum.

It was a joke, a play on words.

P.S. I did NOT write "doing" certificates, I wrote "ISSUING" certificates, obviously not a reference to the OP.
Edited by shermae - 05/15/2021 7:53 pm
Learn More...
9387 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   8:10 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The original Abraham thread has caused nothing but problems, misunderstandings, and heartburn on several different levels so it has been removed. I recommend that everyone move on.
Don
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Language problems,Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 517Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05