Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Kelleher Website

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 484Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rich60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Browsed the new Kelleher Website today. While the old one could have used some improvement - I was not impressed by the new one. Seemed like a giant step backwards. All the auctions are lumped together without any true defined separation like the old website.

Let me know what you all think.

Rich
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
550 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a long time Kelleher client (buyer and seller), one thing I liked about the old website is the ability to easily pull up all their past auctions - flagship as well as internet - and look at all the lots, pictures, descriptions and realized prices. On the new website I see the realized prices tab; is all the other information still there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it? Thanks.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6598 Posts
Posted 05/15/2021   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rich - I wrote a couple of quick thoughts in another thread. Not much difference to me either. The newest feature is the searchable database ala Siegel. Thing is that the Kelleher database actually sends you to Stamp Auction Network (SAN) which I can already go to. It does pull together all of Kelleher's results in one place. For me though it is not much use because it is supposed to give bidders a sense of value and publishing your own results exclusively is not a big help IMO. And at least Siegel has the census data as applicable and SMQ value/population data within each result. Not to mention that the SAN based Kelleher database is a clunky, rather not good looking affair. Kind of as mess to be honest compared to Siegel. I do like Kelleher's magazine but that was always there anyhow. Those are my quick thoughts. Oh, and Kelleher was thoughtful enough to put a big "Pay Your Invoice" button front and center. Priorities.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5442 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like to second what Oracle of Delphi said ......The new site site doesn't have the descriptions and price realized from the old auction results by auction catalog ,which I enjoyed looking at .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1174 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   09:38 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is all the other information still there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?

The old catalogs are all there. See "Our Catalogs" under resources. They have the pdf catalogs there back to 2009.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
550 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Risny- thanks. I find the new setup less convenient than the old where, like Siegel, you could click on the drop down menu and scroll through the catalogs, lots and realized prices all in one place. And I'm not seeing their internet auction info, although that may be of less interest to many people.
Edited by Oracle of Delphi - 05/16/2021 11:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5231 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   11:38 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Huge step backwards in functionality IMO.
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish they had spent the time and money on adding more images. The video tours thru an album are pretty much a joke for me.
Edited by Rich60 - 05/16/2021 6:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6598 Posts
Posted 05/16/2021   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even Siegel does the flip through videos which are pretty much useless except to give an idea of how filled something is. You can see some detail if you know your stuff already and are willing to keep stopping the video. But yes, it is a giant pain. On the other hand how many images do you provide for a filled International album set? When all is said and done you either need to view in person, bid by the seat of your pants or employ a good auction agent.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 484Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05