Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Else Having Trouble With Email Notifications Going To Junk?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stamps4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I've sent a message or two via the "Contact Us" and some source code on one of the messages to Bobby, but was wondering if anyone else is having email notifications gong to Junk and not your Inbox?

Im using a Cox email....

Ive not made any changes on my end. I think this started about 2 weeks ago - pretty recent anyhow.

Tks

PS: Cox said for me to call the sender and tell them to stop sending the emails to Junk

Not expecting an immediate response, just wondering if this is isolated to Cox or more widespread.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7528 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You need to set your Email to accept Cox or whichever is going to Spam.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9500 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   1:16 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will get quick response (typically in less than an hour) if you use the 'Send Note To Staff' link.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You will get quick response (typically in less than an hour) if you use the 'Send Note To Staff' link.
Don

Tks Don. Wasn't sure how to do that as I only see that in existing threads and this is an email problem so I used the "contact us" link under the Navigation Bar to the left of the Main page. Do I need to send it again using the "Send Note to Staff" in this thread?
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You need to set your Email to accept Cox or whichever is going to Spam.

Peter

There is only a "Not Spam" tag... I've done that for a bunch of them already. This is a recent phenomena. When I mark not spam they go to the inbox, but the next ones still keep going to junk - as these last 2 examples here...

Edited by Stamps4Life - 05/21/2021 11:06 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don

Done (from this thread).
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ive also forwarded the emails to a "thisisnotspam" cox email address with no effect.....
Learn More...
9500 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   2:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In looking at your email header notice the section that says "X-Spam-Optin: quarantine"? Your ISP (Cox) has been called out on this before on their forum https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/i...-email---why

In my opinion the issue reside with your ISP, it appears that the Cox spam filter is marking the emails as spam.
Don

Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/20/2021   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll call them again.
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/21/2021   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As mentioned in the "note to staff" I sent, I contacted Cox again and got Tier 2 support. They seemed very sympathetic (TOO) and understanding (TOO) and said the case would be looked at asap and said the emails and my account were to be examined and resolved within 48 hours - usually they say these issues are cleared up within 24 hrs. Seemed almost like they were being agreeable to get me off the phone - sorry to be the glass is 1/2 empty, but I know they do not really support their email service any longer.

We'll see. I had 4 or 5 more email notifications this am that went to junk.
Learn More...
9500 Posts
Posted 05/21/2021   11:37 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a fair amount of experience in managing email servers and dealing with server-level (not user level) spam filters is a challenge. First, documentation is scant since the more they explain how it works the more likely the 'bad guys' are to also learn and figure out ways to work around it. Secondly, many spam server filters are heuristic and 'learn' over time; this results in a moving target when trouble shooting issues. This can be particularly noticeable with programmatically generated emails like the SCF sends. Programmatically generated emails share many characteristics with spam emails and spam filters are tuned to be aggressive with them. And lastly, most spam filters are configured to err on the side of false positives.
Don
Forum Dad
USA
1702 Posts
Posted 05/21/2021   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what I want with my email though. When I mark a domain as "safe" my email provider should not question it an further. It's my email.

I have been dealing with this for over 15 years with AOL, they don't give a crap what you think. They vaporize what they want and I mean vaporize. Nothing in your spam folder and nothing bounces to the sender. No sign it ever existed. Plus now AOL handles all Verizon email so my troubles got much worse.

If you have AOL or Verizon email, please resist the urge to say you get all your email, I would literally bet my house you don't if it could be proven.
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/21/2021   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
so I just got a computer generated call from cox saying my work has been completed. Thank you for using cox. It DID NOT say that the issue has been resolved. FYI, 3 minutes before that I just had moved 4 more notifications from Junk to Inbox - however some did look like they may have been repeats for some reason. Im going to wait a little longer to see if the next ones go to Junk. If they do, then im going to turn off the check for Spam setting to see if that makes a difference. I had not done that as its always on and has been on throughout out even when I was getting the emails and im guessing its just a secondary sort of check as I don't believe it would totally disable ALL spam checking form cox. If that does not work, who knows...
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 06/01/2021   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So not sure what has changed - if you guys did something or Cox?? But my notifications are once again working and not going to spam. I had made another call or 2 to Cox and forwarded about 15 more spam marked emails to ***no email addresses please***. They never followed up as promised so I don't know who did what but they are coming once again.
Valued Member
United States
198 Posts
Posted 06/01/2021   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You probably could have saved yourself a lot of grief by just creating a new folder called "Stamps" (or whatever) and setting up a rule that sent anything from ***no email addresses please*** to it. Just bypass the help-desk and filter entirely.
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 06/02/2021   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You probably could have saved yourself a lot of grief by just creating a new folder called "Stamps" (or whatever) and setting up a rule that sent anything from ***no email addresses please*** to it. Just bypass the help-desk and filter entirely.

Rules were not being triggered as emails were marked as spam before getting to that point. I tried multiple scenarios with that option.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05