Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1 Cents George Washington

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 641Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
Posted 05/23/2021   9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add marapaul to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello members,

I have a 1 cent stamp need help to confirm if this stamp is 11 perforation I'm not an expert I think is 11. Please advice. Thank you.

Mara

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Guatemala
1500 Posts
Posted 05/27/2021   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add quigngt to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it does appear to be 11 which is confirmed by your photo with the perfortion gauge. There are four different Scott numbers: 498, 525, 544 and 545 for this 1c Washington stamp design. The first number is printed on a flat plate press, the second is printed on an offset press and the last two are printed on a rotary press. The two stamps printed on a rotary press differ in the dimensions of the printed design. All four have perforation 11 on all four sides.

A resource that is helpful in identifying US stamps is theswedishtiger.com
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by quigngt - 05/27/2021 10:35 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1269 Posts
Posted 05/27/2021   10:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, perf 11. Stamp looks like an offset printing to me.
Learn More...
United States
10113 Posts
Posted 05/27/2021   11:10 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More information here (perf 11, offset)
https://stampsmarter.org/1847usa/wa...d31perf.html
Don
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
Posted 05/27/2021   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marapaul to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi members

Can you tell me which # is this stamp 4 sides is 11 perforation. Please advise I know one member said the stamp is a offset I'm attaching one more picture it doesn't look offset to me but well you guys are the experts. Thank you Mara
Philippines
3 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kamya3707 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello! I also have 2 of these, used, 1 Cent George Washington.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 641Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05