Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanted: Maury Catalogue - Timbres De L'ex-Empire Francais D'afrique

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 449Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
79 Posts
Posted 05/24/2021   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Northwinds to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can't find it anywhere.
If you have a copy available please send me a message.

Thanks,
Peter
Send note to Staff
Edited by Northwinds - 05/24/2021 4:34 pm

Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 05/24/2021   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Netherlands
79 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   03:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northwinds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it will, thank you!

Will there be much different compared with the later Maury editions?

Peter
Edited by Northwinds - 05/25/2021 03:42 am
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't imagine it would be much different. I at least only update catalogs for my areas about every 10 years, since I don't collect anything much past WWII. Only things I ever see really change are values and the addition of more color pictures; listings themselves seem to rarely be edited.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5676 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   1:56 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Might be worth your checking Spink's other books, to see if there's anything else you like - it would also make the average postage cost less painful. The "La Fayette" collection book is a lovely thing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
888 Posts
Posted 05/25/2021   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked the seller I got my 2010 Maury from a couple years ago, but nothing in stock now.
Valued Member
Netherlands
79 Posts
Posted 05/26/2021   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northwinds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all very much for your help but with much luck I managed to find a Dallay 2007-2008 copy "in the wild" today.

My wife and I are staying in a wonderful cottage in Lanquais (France) at the moment and yesterday I found out that there is a collector's store near the city of Perigeux in Marsac-sur-L'isle, it is called 'Aquitaine Collections'.

We went there today and although the communication was a real challenge (the owner's English was even worse than my French, and that is really bad already )
Anyway, he sold me a 2007-2008 copy for 15 euro!

This store sells all kind of collectibles: coins, stamps, post cards but also toy soldiers which I collect too.
And the wonder is that he had a very rare catalogue/book in store that pictures and describes nearly all Starlux toy soldiers, it is written by Alain Thomas and 2 others, and that book I also had been looking for, for quite a while.

That was a great beginning of the day of which the rest was spent in the nice city of Perigeux!
Edited by Northwinds - 05/26/2021 4:12 pm
Learn More...
9491 Posts
Posted 05/26/2021   4:20 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Northwinds,
Lovely story, you had me wandering into that antique store for a moment!
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 449Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05