Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perforation Anomaly On Mongolian Stamp

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 4,965Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar Of The Community
United States
735 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Denmark did it on their early issues...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8175 Posts
Posted 01/31/2022   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Randy - Not sure if you the Mongolia collection, Lot 1N, in the upcoming Muller auction.

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/GM/...3225.cfm#806
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 01/31/2022   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip off. Most interesting tidbit is that the listed Sc 23a overprint is a forgery. Need to confirm. I do not have one. I would not purchase as I am staying away from fakes/forgeries. The "reds" and "blues" are also forgeries.

I was hoping to see something definitive on the Sc 45-47 overprints but alas no. So far either all or most of the overprints are genuine or forgeries that I have seen. I would think think they would be faked but not a word so far so I have not purchased any.

Unfortunately the Sc 75-82 pictures are not high enough quality to confirm the Sc 82.

I have not purchased any of the Sc 59-61 overprints but making progress as of today in the study. I am suspecting that the overprints are genuine and the stamps are genuine but that the overprints are on the wrong stamps en mass. Fakes? or reasons I do not yet know? Also suspecting this is true of the 1926 overprinted stamps. More examples needed to be studied and I need to believe that Scott catalog is correct and that I am understanding the listings correctly. A2, A6 & A7 types specifically.

Interasia Auctions appears to have closed down since the covid.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 02/01/2022 02:43 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 04/11/2022   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was surmising back on page 8 that I believed some gumming was going on with stamps issued perhaps without gum. I now have found out that some stamps In the Sc 75-82, Sc 104-115, and Sc 116-120 series were reissued more than once with shiny gum, near invisible gum and no gum. Equipment fail. No gum need it buy it.

I have also figured out that Sc 117 and Sc 119 are "rare". Scott catalog $120 and $80 think $2-$4 thousand plus.

I have also have seen a 1927 failed version of a black and white set of Genghis khan I am wanting. No idea on price yet. It will be auctioned one fine day I know but when? To be continued...
Edited by redwoodrandy - 04/11/2022 10:46 pm
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 4,965Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05