Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perforation Anomaly On Mongolian Stamp

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 2,816Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the confirmation. I was really wondering if the market for fakes was strong at auction. The genuine covers Russia/Mongol do quite well. I am glad I purged the fake overprint from my collection.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7144 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Randy. Your sharing of knowledge has made me follow Mongolia closely when it comes up for sale. Interesting stuff. Golden Oak just had a Scott 22 for sale if indeed it was real. It did not sell and I believe that it opened at around $100.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 10/17/2021   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fake. Letters too thick. S slant off. Horizontal part of T slanted. G & E not right. No cert. Not signed.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that Mongolia Sc 23a Sandafayre has been trying to unload for a year or more is a fake.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A third used copy to go along with the one mint copy so far.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 11/14/2021   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A second mint copy.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7144 Posts
Posted 11/14/2021   08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Randy. You are for cornering the market!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7144 Posts
Posted 11/14/2021   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the opinion on this "Scott 22"?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 11/14/2021   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have just the one used copy I purchased earlier. These additional copies are not mine just showing for reference.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 11/14/2021   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "Scott 22" pictured above is a fine example of a genuine violet overprint with a red revenue cancellation.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
Posted 11/15/2021   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking stamp.

With the 60 mung stamp, I wonder how many more will come to market. I have always thought that as the Russia/Eastern Europe and to some extent China/Mongolia, more copies of the 150's and earlier stamps will appear--due to the availability of these stamp in the Soviet Union and satellites. Mongolia in the 50's was almost entirely nomadic but certainly there was a government and there was a small upper party class. Students were studying in the Soviet Union and other places. Some of them certainly were stamp collectors. The weather in Mongolia is actually pretty decent for keeping stamps, not a lot of humidity, lots of cold weather. . . and if stamps were kept in an apartment in Ulaanbaatar as opposed to a ger (Mongolia word is ger, Russian is yurt) I think there' a reasonable chance they survived. There are eBay dealers based out of Mongolia, I have never bought from theme, but they do have older stamps occasionally. I would love to see an old Russian Communist Party member's world collection at auction, that would be something to see.

Jackie
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7144 Posts
Posted 11/15/2021   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if you saw this Russian Post Offices in Mongolia auction (covers):

https://oldbid.com/auctions/russian...=auctionLots
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Overall the prices in the Siegel Mongolia auction were strong. Prices for the listed "unpriced" imperf pairs of the Soyombo issue quite high. A rare revenue stamp a beauty went for $130,000. The mint set of the "key" issue Sc 82 did very well at $3500 tying the price for the superior gum set sold in Germany at the same price. The used set of the Sc 82 sold poorly. Sometimes "used" don.t get no respect" especially with so much other quality material.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4499 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased this 1932 unissued rare mysterious stamp. I have seen two others and this is the best of the three. I had pricing on the other two so I bid. A claim has been floating around that this is a newspaper stamp but no one knows.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7144 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Randy - Thanks for the skinny on the Siegel sale. I missed it and was curious as to how it went. What are the plans for your purchase?
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 2,816Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05