Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perforation Anomaly On Mongolian Stamp

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 4,988Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/18/2021   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went ahead and ordered from Loral--Scott 44 and 181. Also picked up a couple other sets on another forum that I'm missing--I think I have mentioned previously that at one time I had a mostly complete collection and had to sell it and have been slowly rebuilding it. I use Minkus Pages to 1995. The last album I had had spaces for all the souvenir sheets. This one does not, but I am picking them up and putting them in a stockbook. I will accept mint or used pre 1958, MNH after. I buy them when I have a few bucks to spend and look for good deals since the stamps are not rare or particularly expensive. Brings me back to when I lived there. There are some god awful sets--helicopters, cars etc., but some really nice cultural sets as well. My favorite modern set is the Flintstones--I loved the Flintstones as a child and Fred would feel at home in a ger (Russian word is yurt).

Jackie
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got my stamps from Loral this morning at 6:45am, yep am. 48 hours after ordering almost to the minute and that included a Sunday. No complaints about the Postal Service from me :) Shipping was $10 and came priority and packed extremely well against the weather or Armageddon. It's a nice stamp, a few short perfs but good for the era and the stamp. The priority envelope was covered in discount postage. I took pictures and sent them to my email (I am too lazy to hook up my scanner this morning and I don't use my phone to go online if I can help it) and if they ever arrive (they are lost in cyber space somewhere) I'll post them after work.

Jackie
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the stamp:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nicely centered. A fine addition. I purchased the whole set from Leon at a very good price and recieved a good discount with other purchases. The condition was all around satisfying. My perfs were fine your centering better on the high value. All the other stamps mostly had even better centering so all together ok.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, I'm pleased with it. Here is Scott 181 which I never thought of as a particularly rare stamp but this is the first time I've seen it for sale in MNH condition. eBay had a dreadful copy for sale from China a while back.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and hard to find to be sure. Worth it
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 12/20/2021   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A scarce sighting on eBay. Genuine used Sc 78 available.

Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/21/2021   06:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp. I have always said and thought that there are many Mongolian stamps out there from the Soviet bloc and Cuba as this is where the stamps would have been available. I would expect to see more on the market as time goes along. I am a little hesitant in general of buying from that part of the world--the seller is in Latvia. His other stuff looks pretty good except of course for the overprints which are pretty standard fakes.
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 12/26/2021   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Raritan Stamps has a few lots of Mongolia this time around. A couple of imperf at top varieties that are estimating at $350-400, personally not interested. Some surcharge values (I have a few of these). Another 1943 Scott 82 (the third for sale in the past 12 months?) and some duplicated early material of which I have most but not all of (missing some of the 50's material. Will be interesting to see what it goes for.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott catalog does not mention that Sc #143 was issued without gum. (NGAI) I have a copy advertised as MNH OG and purchased before I knew no gum. A very good regumming. The price was and still is good. The fakery mill in the Russian Federation is very busy regumming even if unnecessary and forging stamps crudely.

I bid on a lot in the Raritan auction and lost but... Two bidders bid the same amount very early in the bidding. He bid absentee and I bid SAN agent (Stamp Auction Network). I lost because I became the floor bidder and so his bid was earlier and won. Happy ending. Raritan had another set and sold it to me.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/17/2022 5:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The forged (IMO) Sc #82 catalog $3000 went for $488 including tip.

The "duplicated accumulation of early material" Jackie mentioned $250-$300 went for $500 including tip.

Too much good material was passing me by so I finally learned enough to start buying from China, Latvia, Russian Federation, Ulan Bator, Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/17/2022 6:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup. I have a few of those I bought at the Boxborough MA stamp show a few years back. I think I paid $150 for six of them.

Having lived in Ulaanbaatar, I would buy from there as I found the mail to be reliable but slow. I have bought from China too, but haven't bought from Russia/Latvia/etc. Perhaps someday I'll be brave enough to try.

Scott 143, another stamp that in my previous collection was not difficult at all to pick up, now scarce. Matthijs-philatelie was selling them a while back I think.

Jackie

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I picked up a block of four of Sc 143 full selvedge and no gum from M-p. Pricey.

Also in my collection Sc 116 and Sc 118 Tough to find.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/17/2022 10:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4572 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another Sc #82 on eBay. A fourth used genuine beauty.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/25/2022 10:16 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35192 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've yet to read any commentary on how such burelage was printed.
Not only Mongolia but World wide.
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 4,988Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05