Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stanley Gibbons Buys British Guiana 1c Magenta

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 3,752Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5702 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are NOT going to get enough subscriptions with their push this November ,so they will try again next year . Then again not enough buyers into the program . Then panic will set in and the search for a buyer will happen but the question that is going to be asked -----did they already overpay for it .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
10124 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   2:45 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The best Carnac of all time:

The answer: "Sis boom bah."
The question: "Describe the sound made when a sheep explodes."

Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He was great
That made my day
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2504 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if they'll tell you which part of the stamp that you own?
- or should I say, which pixel
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
568 Posts
Posted 11/09/2021   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Selling like hotcakes . . .

Email from Stanley Gibbons re 1 cent Magenta:

'67% of early access target already sold'

Thank you for registering your interest in purchasing part of the 1c Magenta in our early access period.
You should have received an email with your personalised access code from our partners at showpiece.com.

If you are yet to receive your email, or you require any further assistance, please contact them at ***email address removed*** and they will ensure you are able to access the site and take advantage of the preferential, early access price.

Highlights from the first 24 hours:

- Half a million pounds purchased

- Over 500 new owners

- Collectors from over 40 countries
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1075 Posts
Posted 11/09/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought one share, will be fun to see where they go with this.

I look forward to receiving my one microscopic fibre of magenta :)
Learn More...
United States
10124 Posts
Posted 11/09/2021   2:23 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I got mine in the mail yesterday

Don
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1075 Posts
Posted 11/09/2021   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a real beauty! Hope mine is similarly impressive :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 11/09/2021   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just printed one.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
751 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was going through one of my father's albums (New Zealand) and I found this on a page from the April 1949 issue of the Gibbon's Stam Monthly.

The last paragraph, in which SG seem to think there is nothing much special about the stamp, is particularly revealing.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34194 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting cutting, thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7470 Posts
Posted 11/28/2021   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting AND amusing!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
751 Posts
Posted 12/01/2021   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This idea seems to have spread to the art world. I understand that someone (Loc Gouzer) has bought a Banksy for almost $13-million and intends to sell it in 10,000 pieces.
Edited by itma - 12/01/2021 6:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6127 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   03:32 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect it began in the art world. I shouldn't call Banksy's gift for facile illustration "art", however.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 3,752Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05