Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Panama–california Exposition Not Panama–pacific International Exposition

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 587Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where did you get the book from?

Only first edition is hard cover, soft cover is also first edition and all editions later.

Current listing seems a bit pricey for the book but it is getting harder to find.

eBay item number: 254776642259

At Abe's books pricing is normal: https://www.abebooks.com/book-searc...mar-william/
[EDIT: I though the link would take you directly to the search results alas, it does not. You are taken to the search box where you need to enter "Postal Markings of United States Expositions" and then search. Currently it returns three items, all 1st edition with one hardback. Two at $25, $4 S&H, from the USA and one at $35.74, $16.38 S&H from the UK. I list it for those closer to the UK.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE HARD COVER PRICING ON Amazon!!!!! My hard copy ran $25.56 with tax and shipping earlier this month, a first edition hardback on eBay. My later edition paperback is packed for moving. Easier to buy a new one for now so I got a hardback.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/26/2021 11:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1282 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only first edition is hard cover, soft cover is also first edition and all editions later.

Yep, my copy is all loose pages, that look suspiciously like Bomar photocopied them himself. I'm going to have them comb bound next week.

I picked my copy up on ABE books for about what PPG paid. So there are even later editions? I thought there were only two.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So there are even later editions? I thought there were only two

You may very well be right. I did not and still don't know, nor was it important to my point, so covered my bases. If I wrote later printings, someone would point out a new edition is not considered a later printing but a later edition. Until I unearth my paperback version I don't remember what editions I have.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
675 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   11:19 pm  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The most recent [3rd] edition of the Bomar catalog (edited by David Savadge) was published only as a CD.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 587Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05