Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Spanish West Africa Revenue Stamps 1911

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 678Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jossanders52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am making a new album page for some recently acquired revenue stamps of Afrique Occidentale Espanoles.
The type stamps I bought on eBay are listed in Forbin under Spain and Colonies issued in 1911. However of the 4 values I have, 3 are not listed in Forbin, The 3, 4 and 7 Pesetas.

Questions:
1. Can anybody tell me if the missing values are issued at a later date?
2. I would appreciate any comments on my planned Write up below.

SPANISH WEST AFRICA REVENUE STAMPS

Around the year 1900, Rio Muni (currently Mbini in Equatorial Guinea) and Fernando Poo (a large island in the Gulf of Guinea)
were combined to become part of Guinea Espanoles. The first revenue stamps for the combined territories were issued in 1903, a set of 12 stamps, General Revenues (Timbres Moviles). A second set was issued in 1905, again consisting out of 12 stamps. A third set was issued in 1911 of which 4 different values, the 3, 4, 5 and 7 Pesetas are shown. The 3, 4 and 7 Pesetas are not listed in Forbin, maybe they were issued after Forbin was published. The stamps are inscribed "Territorios Espanoles Del Afrique Occidental"

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   01:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jos,
https://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/revenue...h-guinea.htm

Alas! the "click here" does not work for me.

You may wish to email John Barefoot.

Some auctions
https://www.cherrystoneauctions.com...anish+Guinea
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 06/12/2021 02:01 am
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   02:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Thanks a lot. The Cherrystone auctions show many very expensive revenue stamps overprinted for postal use.
I will stay far away from the postals and only will focus on the pure revenues. I paid for the revenue block shown $7
I will email John Barefoot, his Spanish Guinea listing does not show my stamps at all.

Thanks
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   04:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will email John Barefoot, his Spanish Guinea listing does not show my stamps at all.

Yikes! my attempt failed.
If you have the *.pdf, can you send it to me please?

Lets us know how you get on with Mr. Barefoot Jos.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   05:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,
When I open John Barefoot files I get following PDF

http://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/pdfs/Spanish-Guinea.pdf
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   06:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That link does nothing for me, fails to open anything

This is weird

All OK
opened OK in an "incognito window" and saved.

Edited by rod222 - 06/12/2021 06:26 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

A better scan would encourage more interest.........
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spanish Guinea listing does not show my stamps at all.

Spanish West Africa

Edited by rod222 - 06/12/2021 06:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1802 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jossanders52
In your "Write up"(first message)
Española (not Espanoles)
Territorios Españoles but Guinea Española
África (not Afrique)
Edited by vayolene - 06/12/2021 10:22 am
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Vayolene,

Thanks
Espanoles, I copied the info on the top margin in first message
Afrique, I took from Forbin page 328, however this could be French. You are correct, Google shows Africa in Spanish
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A better scan (I hope!)
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Where did you find the table on the 1911 revenues? Barefoot? When I open Barefoot, I do not see it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Super scan ! Thanks Jos
By the way, your text string for your block is "Spanish Guinea"
not Spanish West Africa.

I'll email you the Spanish West Africa *.pdf
Cheers

PS: Looking at Barefoot's estimations,
you can complete that discipline, for just shy of $4,000

May you find low cost examples.
Edited by rod222 - 06/12/2021 10:33 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great Scan!
PS: First time I have seen the allegory of Commerce, just so....
Hermes / Mercury with a sack of coins.
(Peace is seated offering the Olive branch)

Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/13/2021   04:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the inputs. I think this time I have the text quite right. Mounted on 2 album pages

Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does someone has an Edifil catalog. I am looking for the price of following

Spanish Guinea 1939 - Overprinted tax stamps for post - Edifil numbers 259A/259L

Thanks a lot/ Also is this the complete set of surcharged revenues for postal use?

Thanks a lot
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 678Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05