Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coul This Be Worth To Repaired?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 383Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
165 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi every body,you guys think that this stamp is worth it to be repaired ?if that is posible?i ask that because the stamp has no grill
thanks in advance

Has part of what seems to be the gum

naufrago
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9475 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   12:11 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What are your plans for this stamp (keep it and then have to mark the stamp as repaired so those that come behind you know what it is or sell it as repaired)?

In my opinion it is used and speaking for myself I do not 'repair/restore' stamps; I would consider it a place holder.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
165 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Don,don't think onto selling,i may keep it ,but to get out of doubts I will be sending to mr Crowe on tuesday,to see,is a very strange stamp,it looks like reperf,and do not have trace of a grill,under the microscope I can't see anything,besides I feel it very smooth
naufrago
Pillar Of The Community
United States
654 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a reperfed plate proof.

This "stamp" (plate proof) is and will remain a space filler even if the perforation were cut off.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/12/2021 2:26 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
119 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you "repair" it, it will forever carry the smear of "altered". That said, if it is a proof and has been reperfed, it is already a place filler masquerading as a stamp. Leave it be.
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you entertain the idea of repairing it, I think you would be disappointed in the results, it would need infill as the damage goes into the design. and I doubt that would be convincing beyond at a glance. There's no dishonor in having a damaged stamp as a placeholder in my book.
Valued Member
France
165 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well thanks guy I think that I will live it like this

thanks
naufrago
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05