Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

China 1970-1971 Stamps Or Cinderella's ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 278Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
45 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   04:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've got some Chinese stamps all printed on brownish paper. They seem to me to be cinderella's. Am I right?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5676 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   04:39 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're just standard issues. The last three commemorate the centenary of the Paris Commune, I think.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Netherlands
45 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Geoffha, in my opinion the normal issues are printed on white paper, not this dark brownish paper. Hence my question.
Valued Member
Netherlands
45 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
See for the contrast this foto of a normal stamp and one of my "brownies".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7524 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like they used two different types of paper. Nothing unusual

Peter
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
they look like cinderellas to me.
All the stamps are not complete, but stops at a little away from the bottom edge.
Edited by Just for fun - 06/14/2021 12:23 pm
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The hole space are much larger than the standard Chinese stamps.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamp Hunting to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
*** Not an expert***
Imho these look genuine. They also look to have what I call "smoke damage". Meaning they have been subjected to a lot of smoke and dust in their lifetime. Your second set of pics show white edges on the perfs in the right stamp. I have seen these types of stamps (smoke damaged) often and it almost always comes from a place where they were not stored very well. People burning candles, incense, smokers. All the dust in the air. It all collects together and then gravity takes over and it settles on the stamps laying out.

I received a stock/price sheet with a bunch of pre 1930's stamps on it. I removed the first stamp and saw the white sheet behind the stamp. A perfect impression of where the stamp was laying. The rest of the sheets were fine. This sheet and every stamp on it were discolored just as your stamps are.

Hope this helps.
Valued Member
Netherlands
45 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Stamphunting, maybe you are right, but the backside of the stamps has exactly the same brown colour where you would expect the backside to not have that smoke damage. Besides of that the incomplete stamps on the bottomside are very peculiar!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5943 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The perforation tips show a white paper, indicating that the paper has been printed with the brown color. Also, as has been said, the cancellations look as though they have been printed on…as a part of the stamp printing.

So, from what I can see, they appear to be illustrations which have been perforated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2395 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with bookbndrbob.

The print quality of the ones shown in the OP are truly atrocious compared to the originals. Here's the genuine 8f value of the Paris Commune issue (People's Republic of China Scott# 1065):

(not my stamp)
The original has black brown/dark brown engraving. The image/design size is wrong for all the above fakes, too.

These would qualify for the "Worst forgery I've seen today" thread except I suspect that these may have originated from private advertising or publicity souvenir sheets made for stamp shows. "Cinderella" covers anything that are stamplike but are not postage stamps, so these fit that in any case.

Edited by hy-brasil - 06/15/2021 4:51 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05