Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hong Kong 96 Cent Forgery

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 357Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   01:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Linus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This stamp was recently listed on eBay:

UK HONG KONG STAMP 1866 Queen Victoria 96c used stamp $85

No mention that this stamp is a reproduction/fake/forgery. Bidders and buyer beware! This is a forgery, not a real stamp.

Linus

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1209 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   04:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Unfortunately, very many 96c stamps on the market are dubious, either faked, reproductions or cleaned fiscal use. As you so correctly write "caveat emptor" buyer beware.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a scan of the fake I bought on eBay several years ago.
If you are getting a really good price on a rare item - it is probably a fake. So buyer beware.
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5459 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5459 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use defective real stamps in my forgery collections . I seen too many forgery collections up for public auction where the better real stamps are all pulled out before they are placed up for auction ,so using defective stamps they will stay with the collection .
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like your layout there, Floortrader, nice display.

Here are recent results from eBay sold listings, including the stamp in my OP:

I hope the buyer did not think it was a real stamp. I would not pay that much for a forgery/fake 96 cent HK Queen Victoria.

Linus
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5459 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Linus ---Not a bad price if the buyer knew they are forgeries . The problem for me to sell forgeries is that some one buys them then turns around and lists them as the real thing to someone else .

The best price I ever heard was $3,000 for a Australian 2 pound Roo fake .More than a original stamp .
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 357Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05