Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Scott#361?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 454Next Topic  
Valued Member
171 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   06:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add waelshami to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Double line, perfs 12, need your opinion on the paper please. TIA.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6408 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   07:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NO
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
171 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waelshami to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why

I'd guess because the odds of you (or anyone) having an incredibly rare and expensive stamp, that had not been previously identified/expertised, are insanely large. To have two, astronomical.

That aside, I don't see the blue-gray paper that these would need, to be Sc 361.
Valued Member
171 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waelshami to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic paper, if you read what was my question you would answer politely. But the odds like you answers without reading.
Learn More...
9493 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   4:27 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion they are not 361. The paper would be a uniform gray; it is not the grey shading (lighting artifact) we see in the lower parts of your stamps above.
Classic paper is correct, the odds of stumbling upon an undetected 361 are smaller than seeing Big Foot and dating a super model on the same night. Assume that you will always have the most common varieties because that is what you will have 99.8% of the time.
But you can always spend your money and send them to a certifying organization if you want to be sure.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6408 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
seeing Big Foot and dating a super model on the same night
And what a night it was....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
720 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The dark color of the ink of the design may be fooling your eye. If you look on the reverse, where there is no offset and no design on the other side, you can see that the paper is 'white'. Bluish paper stamps are distinctly and uniformly darker than what you've photo'ed. Fakers have tried dying these stamps to get the blue-gray paper, but it always looks fake - wrong color and not very uniform. Your's don't look fake, but you may run into some that you can see are a different color and ASSUME they are the bluish paper - don't get fooled.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2740 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And what a night it was…

*That's what she said…*
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
are smaller than seeing Big Foot and dating a super model on the same night.

Thanks for my morning chuckle,
Smiles are hard to come by, these days.

I suggested my wife embrace her mistakes....she hugged me.

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05