Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seeking Info From 2021 Brookman Catalog

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 350Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm reposting this in the classic U.S. forum to see if I have more success.

Does anyone here have the latest Brookman catalog? We are trying to determine whether Brookman is using the current numbering system of the Souvenir Card Collector Society. Could you check Brookman's listings for semi-official souvenir cards and tell me whether they include SO-107A & B? (These were issued by WWCI in 1992 for the 500th anniversary of the Columbus in the New World.) If A&B are not listed that will tell us what we need to know.

Thanks!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
654 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could you just call, say this dealer, https://www.brookmanstamps.com/2017-18US.pdf and ask? Yours would be a very quick and precise question.

EDIT: Considering much of the pricing is on-line https://www.brookmanstamps.com/2017-18US.pdf only the deep back of the book folks need the whole catalog.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/16/2021 6:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7516 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or the APS library?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did see the PDF of Brookman's stripped down catalog, but unfortunately it doesn't include souvenir cards.

I could go directly to the dealer, but figured it would be just as easy to get an answer here. Not as easy as I anticipated.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6382 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 06/18/2021   7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rodgcam, do you have one? All I need is a small piece of information from it, I don't need to own it.

Quote:
... the APS library?

You'd think they'd have a current copy, right? But the most recent one they have in the stacks looks to be 2017.
Edited by GregAlex - 06/18/2021 7:34 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
654 Posts
Posted 06/18/2021   8:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have decided to humanly euthanize this topic, the suffering on both threads is painful to watch.

Quote:
Could you just call, say this dealer, https://www.brookmanstamps.com/2017-18US.pdf and ask? Yours would be a very quick and precise question.

I just got off the phone minutes ago after speaking to a very pleasant and helpful employee who grabbed a 2021 Brookman and checked the "SO" listings and she reports there is no listing for SO-107A nor SO107B. She was wondering if you planned to contact their Brookman Editor and I advised I had no idea, I was just getting the answer to the listing question.

During the call I did mention the most recent copy in the APS Library is 2017. Perhaps they will send a free copy since they publish the Brookman.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/18/2021 8:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 06/18/2021   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I was a bit surprised that *no one* has a current copy.

Thank you, PPG, for making that call, which I would have eventually done (but I wanted avoid raising any red flags with them). The SCCS is actually going to re-number SO-107A & B, so I'm glad that Brookman has not been keeping up. If they had been, we might have had to reconsider. Brookman is the only major catalog using SCCS numbers; Scott has always had their own system. I will get in touch with the Brookman editor once the SCCS Cataloging Committee has revised the numbering.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3043 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   06:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Brookman is 2015 and given that I do not really collect modern I never purchased a newer edition. I do think it is a handier catalog for the general collector than Scott due to the spiral bindings (an option) and listing issues you would likely collect - no obscure errors.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/19/2021 06:55 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 350Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05