Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Someone Shed Some Light?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 1,468Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed.
Gibbons did there part by acknowledging it
Obtaining the reason for it if any may take some time
Perhaps it's not represented with a explanation so Scott's doesn't list it
I'd like to hear if the C.S.S catalogue lists something?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Just_fella - 06/19/2021 6:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shakey 7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've got nothing but time now.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5772 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   6:17 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Britain recognised the Peking government in January 1950. As far as I'm aware, aside from some export controls on military-related equipment, Britain didn't restrict trade with China after 1949, although trade wasn't, in any case, significant.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
885 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I have the CSS Catalog published 2021. Couldn't locate this stamp in the catalog:

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a email to them with a photo of the letter might lead somewhere?
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The CSS catalog is Imperial/Republic of China stamps, so I am not surprised it isn't in there. This stamp is a PRC usage stamp from the NE region and is listed in the back of the PRC section of the Scott catalog and I would assume that same in SG.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Percyjpg thanks for jumping in
a while back you helped me with this if I remember right it was a 3L60 (Scott)
pretty sure it's a nc300(a)(grey think they added it) in gibbons
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good. I figured it was in that section. Either 3L49 or 3L60 in the Scott catalogue, but neither show a grey overprint, so it is possible that Scott doesn't recognize the variety and Gibbons does. The CSS should still be able to help. You may be able to just email a good scan to someone there to get a positive ID on it.

expertizing@chinastampsociety.org
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/19/2021   11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Appreciate the help again
Might be worth sending a message just to ask there opinions
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shakey 7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to assist me with this identification. I'll definitely get in contact with CSS to seek further guidance before contacting Stanley Gibbons.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep us posted :)
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shakey 7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will. This stamp has given a a good reason to take a closer look at my worldwide collections.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32819 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Terrible Thread Title.
Opinion.
"Just Fella" had it right, first go.

Oops! was going off first scan
Time to re visit

NE Provinces SG Type 5 or Sc# Type A2
25c black brown
Dr. Sun Yat Sen

No similar Opt listed, It is the character left of the Dr's nose
that differs from the SG listings.
(SG Opts types NC73 and NC74)

This may be covered by Gibbons note.
"On these stamps, the bottom character in LH column is square in shape"

Alas! that covers Type NC74 opt, not NC73 which would make it perfect.

Edited by rod222 - 06/20/2021 5:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1048 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The nc300(a) is type nc74
Nc73 reads "changed to"
Nc74 reads "temporarily"
Right hand characters
Edited by Just_fella - 06/20/2021 6:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5450 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
CORRECTION --To my posting ,first your copy is 3L49 in Scott Catalog it has the grey/black overprint and is catalog at $9.00 mint .

My copy is 3L60 with the green overprint and catalogs at .50 cents ,I don't have a copy of the 3L49 . These are called Northwest China in most Western catalogs but in China the are just North China.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 1,468Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05