Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Spanish Western Sahara. Query

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   03:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Comments to follow by Jos Sanders.
(Problem downloading this image)

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   03:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod thanks for posting.

I like to get more info on these stamps. Scott does not list them.
They are intercolonial airmail stamps from Spanish Guinea.

Overprinted on revenue stamps movil = general revenue and on impuesto Sobre Contratos de Rabajadores = workers contract tax.

They seem to be private overprints from around 1939 (?).
Are they listed in Edifil, maybe with a footnote?
Also are there any prices indicated?

Thanks a lot
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1808 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1941 revenue stamps overprints for airmail use. All the catalogs list them, look around #227 (Michel), #290 (Scott), 294 for Yvert, 317 for SG, and #259 for Edifil.

Maybe $40 each, depending on condition? Just a ballpark, I'm sure others will have a better idea.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1808 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are Edifil # 259A/L

(not mine)
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
classic paper,

thanks for the reply. I do not have any of the 3 catalogs mentioned.
Can you please do me the favor of checking if the catalog overprint is the same as in the picture posted by Rod at the beginning of the tread.
Thanks a lot
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Opinion.

Quote:
#290 (Scott),

Jos's stamps are NOT the same Opt as Sc#290

Vayolene is spot on! (The auction lot scan)
Jos, you need a someone with a Galvez Catalogue.
(Always wanted one myself, but dashed expensive)
Edited by rod222 - 06/21/2021 7:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
603 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 1970 reprint of the 1960 Galvez catalog, which is about the best resource for the Spanish civil war issues, but it doesn't have colonies, so doesn't list Spanish Guinea. There must be a different Galvez to cover the colonies.
Edited by billsey - 06/21/2021 11:36 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spanish Translation of Vayolene's image

Gálvez A1 / 9 CTA. 1941. 9 val. complete series, NOT ISSUED. 25 c. to 40 ptas., with AIR MAIL / INTERCOLONIAL authorization. Rare
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Below some email input from member Gmot

Not in Edifil I'm afraid, but only the set with the different overprint. I also checked items for sale on Delcampe, and couldn't find that set listed.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed Spanish Vendors of Galvez catalogues,
seeking which catalogue serves Spanish Guinea
No replies as yet.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32535 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jos, that was a screaming bargain!
I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

Catalogues I am seeing downunder.

Edited by rod222 - 06/22/2021 9:06 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05