Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Me Versus Ebay - Apparently I Won Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 465Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rich60 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last week I received a Funds hold notice on a $ 78.00 order that I had sent to Spain at the beginning of April. The buyer claimed that he never received the items and filed a claim thru his credit card company as a chargeback which got forwarded to eBay. I mulled this over during the weekend and saw that the buyer has no strikes against him for strange behavior or prior bad acts. I figured that I would not win this situation as I had no leg to stand on and sellers almost 100% of the time lose Items not received claims.

So sunday night I drank the kool aid and agreed to the refund. Lo and behold this afternoon I get a notice from eBay that they had decided to challenge the claim and decided in my favor and returned my money. I was literally GOBSMACKED. Credit card chargebacks are almost always a slam dunk but not today.

There is a little voice in my head though that keeps saying you won today but this will come back again from another direction. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Anyone else have a similiar experience - curious to know.

Rich
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
719 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   6:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shocking. I wonder why they went that way with it? They must know something. I wonder what.

PS: Congrats! I wouldn't spend the money too fast though.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32503 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a survey from the bay today, on my experiences etc.
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod - put in a good word for me please.

Rich
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shocking. I wonder why they went that way with it? They must know something. I wonder what.

PS: Congrats! I wouldn't spend the money too fast though.

Mootmermutt - not as shocked as I was. Yea i'm sure that it will get clawed back from me yet. I would love to know the logic behind their decision as I had already committed to refunding the money and had made my peace with it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1525 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   10:03 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you have tracking on the item?
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 06/21/2021   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My guess, perhaps the buyer has a history of this sort of thing, and you were the lucky(?) seller who pushed things over the cliff, finally setting off the eBay fraud alarms.
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or the buyer contacted their card company and reported they'd received the item & withdrew the chargeback.
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   2:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or the buyer contacted their card company and reported they'd received the item & withdrew the chargeback.

This answer just makes the whole thread boring.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
29 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cumer Canitez to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am 100% sure, eBay does know something the seller doesn't, otherwise, there is no way eBay backs up sellers for such cases...
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Way to go!. That's a true rarity.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 465Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05