Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question For Ebay Sellers On Watchlists

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1023 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add danstamps54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've recently been filling some holes in my meager WW collection so I've been putting a number of listings on my watch list while I "shop."

I received a discount offer from a seller who had a listing on my watchlist. I made a counter offer and we did the deal. This dance has been going on for awhile. Now I'm getting offers from the seller for things I've looked at but didn't place on my watch list.

Two questions:
I presume the seller knows who has their listings on a watchlist. Correct?

Can a seller determine who has just looked at a listing too or is the seller just guessing based on my previous purchases?

I'm not complaining. I'm a happy camper. Just curious.

Thanks!
Dan
Send note to Staff
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409

Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No sellers can't see who has their item on a watch list they can only see how many are watching. But eBay will notify the seller with a message saying "you have eyes" on your item and the seller can extend an offer/discount.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by jconey - 06/23/2021 10:26 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3790 Posts
Posted 06/24/2021   2:55 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a number of watchers on an item and you do a price change all the watches are sent an eBay message of the change. Used this approach whenever the opportunity came my way.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1023 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies! I got very few of them until recently. Suddenly, there was a flurry of them!
I guess I found a seller that used the eBay information.

Thanks again,
Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
APS Member #223433
Pillar Of The Community
United States
575 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend that if you are interested in a buy it now listing but not ready to buy it yet, add it to your watch list. You may get a good offer like you have described. And if the seller has had the listing on for a while they may offer a deeper discount.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1157 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   10:19 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is feature eBay keeps offering me to send offers to people who have expressed interest. I haven't used it, but it appears to send the offer to all watchers on the item.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwright to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller has no idea who is watching the item. We get a notice saying "X" number of listings are eligible to make an offer and it asks what type of discount we want to send, a dollar or percentage discount.

I wish we did know because it would allow us to tailor the offer better but when all is said and done, if the buyer is interested in something make an offer!

I think the main thing the make an offer does is start a dialogue.

paul
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1023 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
modernstamps,

Quote:
I would recommend that if you are interested in a buy it now listing but not ready to buy it yet, add it to your watch list. You may get a good offer like you have described. And if the seller has had the listing on for a while they may offer a deeper discount.

That's a good strategy I'll have to use more often! It worked well with this seller.

Dan
APS Member #223433
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use this feature all the time as a seller. Good way to move lingering items -sell several things each week this way.

Rich
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05