Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Sellers Now Selling Virtual Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 713Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add percyjgp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was browsing today and noticed this item. Not sure whether this is allowed as the eBay policy on NFT's seems to be unclear.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234057654487
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
576 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is the first I have ever heard of this. Thanks for sharing.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3155 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is only a static nft so no big deal.If the animals were walking (in motion)through the center it would of been more interesting.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5444 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here you can download this same stamp for free
Edited by floortrader - 06/26/2021 10:56 am
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How dare you steal from the pockets of a totally honest seller! NFTs are the future! I'll attach copies to all my emails so that they can finally be postally valid!

In truth though this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. For a buck it'd be funny to buy this as a joke, but this guy's got an auction going and it's already more than a dollar… And people wonder why we can't have nice things.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5757 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   11:28 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can get an original etching of the Highland cattle for a little more

https://fineart.market/stunning-ant...med-coa.html
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
52 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is one born every minute.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2668 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is one born every minute.

A couple of 'em are bidding on it. Has about 40 minutes to go and one of 'em get lucky?
Edited by littleriverphil - 06/26/2021 12:02 pm
Learn More...
9629 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   12:12 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is only a static nft so no big deal.If the animals were walking (in motion)through the center it would of been more interesting.

Easy peaz
Bb9VtVbZHuU

Don
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it Don,

I can't believe people are bidding on it, but I suspect they may have not read the description.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
30 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy, I do see a future where the real physical stamp unlocks a virtual nfg. I could see it open up avatars in games related to stamps and other collectibles. Would drive up values for sure.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, he has a lot to learn as the backside of this electronic image is not described. Also he has restrictions for "shipping" this to a handful of countries. What no email service?

While the stamp image is muddy and the lower perfs rough here is a comparison of the blockchain stamp and an etching:

The etching above is Dillon, not MacWhirter and runs in the $40-$80 range unframed.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3155 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
His user name on Open Sea is Bitski-2 .
He is using the ethereum block chain for his NFTs.
https://opensea.io/Bitski-2
I really don't see the point except
An NFT could be useful for certifying stamps against forged certs for example.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5757 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   2:40 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see that Dillon's etching, unlike Murray's, mistitles the picture. Storm must have been bad to blow those cattle several thousand miles west.
Edited by GeoffHa - 06/26/2021 2:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1979 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Christie's sold an NFT work of art for $69 million....

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/11/...s-69-million
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6607 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How about virtual eBay fees.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 713Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05