Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Global Shipping Program Disaster - How Do I Get Out?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 558Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
2721 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:17 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add eyeonwall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
One of my international eBay customers has informed me that I am in the Global Shipping program (he did not notice when he bid). I never signed up for this ridiculous program and the unprintables at eBay just opted my in without my permission or knowledge.

I checked one of my current listings and it is in the program.

How do I get out?

How do I fix my current listings? It better not be manually one lot a a time (I have over 100 listed)

How does one talk to someone at eBay? I've talked a few times in te long afo past to PayPal, but never eBay and have no idea how (which I'm sure they don't make easy). I have a friend who is a big seller and he has a handler he gets to call, but I am just a little guy.

A little guy who is totally torqued off.

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:19 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Manage Shipping Preferences - opens in new window or tab.
Select Edit beside Global Shipping Program.
Select Opt Out.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:24 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you can get to your "Account" page under "Selling" there is a "Shipping Preferences" choice. Choose Shipping Preferences and the 1st item is "Global Shipping Program" and you choose "Edit" and unenroll.

to cancel Global Shipping for active items:

Edited by KRelyea - 06/29/2021 08:31 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2721 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:44 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Don

Opted out, but presented with:

It may take up to 72 hours to process your request. Your opt out will not apply to any of the following:
Active auction-style listings that have one or more pending bids
Active listings with one or more pending offers
Committed purchases for your fixed price listings that were already committed before you opted out
Pending best offers

3 days??? How can it possibly take that long?

It also gave me a list I was supposed to pick for why I wanted out. None of them were I never opted in in the first place or the program is ridiculous.

I do have one auction that I know has an international bidder who also may not have noticed, but there have to be other potential bidders sitting on their hands. Can I cancel the listing or am I stuck with it running to the end because there is already a bid?

What I fear is some potential buys have put me on their mental do not buy from list or into their exclude sellers filter list.

I still wat to let them know I am not happy they opted me in w/o my permission.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5828 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   09:05 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My sympathies. I suspect that you,would have had an earlier email from eBay about its intention of opting users into the GSP. I received a similar notice here in the UK a few weeks ago, so I need to remembef to opt out on 1 July. You could add some text to your existing eBay items to warn overseas buyers about the GSP. Could you also apply a discount to reduce to the normal postage rate when you invoice them?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
727 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How does one talk to someone at eBay?

eyeonwall:

Scroll down to the bottom of an eBay page and click "help and contact" then on the Customer service page scroll down and click on the "Have us call you" box.

Don't understand Global Shipping, see here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/s...gram?id=4646

Interesting one of the many exclusions to the program are items in the category, "Stamps>Other" right there with, industrial equipment, heavy machinery.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/29/2021 11:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2721 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   7:48 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to offer my buyer a discount back down to my normal shipping charge, but when I hit the send invoice button to get to where I could enter the discount, I was greeted with this:

"The Global Shipping Program already provides your buyer with an invoice for all applicable item, shipping, and import charges. Unfortunately, you can't edit these charges, even to offer a shipping discount. When your buyer pays, just ship the item to the US shipping center specified, and the Global Shipping Program will forward it to the buyer. Your buyer will directly pay you the purchase price of the item, plus any domestic shipping cost you specified in the listing."

The 72 hours I mentioned before must be a worst case, because when I got home this evening from work, the change back was done. SORT OF! Now there are certain countries where it for instance says "Shipping: Will ship to New Zealand. Read item description or contact seller for shipping options" How many buyers are going to be turned off by that?

I need some help from someone more knowledgeable: When I go to revise item and scroll down to the shipping section, under International shipping, for Ship To, I had Canada selected (IIRC, this was because many years ago USPS had a lower rate to Canada), then under Choose Custom Location, I checked everything except Canada (which I already specified and Mexico and Russia (as I don't ship to those 2 countries), then under "Choose Another Service" I check the same boxes because I don't know what else to do. Now that I look at all the regions represented by the boxes, I can see how New Zealand and other places would get left out (BUT I HAVE sold to NZ before without getting asked by the buyers what the shipping charges were. So, finally, my question is - should I just be picking the World Wide option under Ship To? or will that opt me into shipping to countries that I have in my excluded countries list?

I so look forward to editing over 100 listing one at a time.

I am getting really bent out of shape.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2721 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   8:25 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"because when I got home this evening from work, the change back was done. "

Well on second look not really. It gives the right rate if I ask for the UK, but it is still screwed up for NZ.

This is such bovine byproduct.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6783 Posts
Posted 06/30/2021   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2721 Posts
Posted 06/30/2021   7:30 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I edited on lot to make the Ship To be World Wide. I then unchecked all the boxes under Choose Custom Location. It didn't like that, said I needed to ship somewhere (so what was the point of letting me pick Worl Wide abpve?), so I rechecked everything but Mexico & Russia. It was ok with that. Then when I went to the list of my items, that one was still listed as "Shipping not specified" in the list but had the right amount when I clicked thru. But who is going to click thru on n "Shipping not specified" item?

Geoff - I got no such warning from eBay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 558Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05