Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Czechoslovakia Question

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 903Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's stop throwing around names it's too negative
Just a thought none of my business.....
give her half no questions asked
And with a bit of your money buy her something or take her out
That's your wife:)

That being said...
I came here to talk about stamps

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7595 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What about paper varieties?
Simple question

This is anything but a simple question. It is hard enough on some US issues, let alone on a country that most of us are in a philatelic sense not familiar with. If you want to go into that area you need to become a member of a specialty club, and it will still be a battle

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I asked if there was anything listed or notes.....
Don't know if it's my fight or not yet
Edited by Just_fella - 07/01/2021 4:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5443 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have nothing on paper types . Watermarks ,plate printings and perfs. yes but not paper .
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm asking about image/issue 1930 A37 #170 no watermark
Not the 1923 issue
Edited by Just_fella - 07/01/2021 5:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   5:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I gave you the link to csphilatelist. If there are paper types they would know. Join or ask them. They are the place to go and they also expertise. $20 for a year.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Much appreciated
I have messaged them and await a reply
I guess it's time to drop this then (frivolous?)
Edited by Just_fella - 07/01/2021 5:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Though patience be a tired mare, yet she will plod.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Warning: Tangential Story Ahead

Quite a while ago I worked PT as an armored car messenger (picked up and dropped off the $) and the first Krispy Kreme in CT opened up. They scheduled a special pickup for opening weekend. We rolled up on a Sunday morning and traffic was backed up on the highway for miles. It was insane. The cash receipts for Saturday were in the bag. $70,000. In doughnut sales.

I believe that KK store closed some years later. The mighty rise and the mighty fall.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
616 Posts
Posted 07/01/2021   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see my Pofis around, but it's been several years since I worked on Czechoslovakia, so that's not surprising... IIRC there was only the one perf and the eight watermark positions (upright, sideways left, sideways right, inverted and the mirror versions of each). The earlier issue had a bunch more varieties, but I think this one was pretty dull.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/11/2021   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start here :)
When I ask for help with information I guess my posts may seem frivolous
(sorry if they are)
Perhaps cause I don't want ask opinions yet I wanna dive a little deeper beforehand so I understand what I'm looking at. (Probably just a old, used and damaged stamp)
just seen something different figured I'd check it out

I did message csphilatelist to ask, and await a reply

Does the one on the right seem different or just damaged?
Again sorry if it's a waste of your time!

Edited by Just_fella - 07/11/2021 10:40 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3155 Posts
Posted 07/11/2021   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An explication from a Burda auction on the 2.1.30 Mazaryk issue.
Could be of use...
For the new issue of postage stamps with a portrait of the President of the Republic, it was as a model, as well as in the portrait of T.G. Masaryk from the Jubilee Series 1928, a photograph of the famous Prague studio of J. F. Langhans was used. The portrait was modified, redrawn into a simple frame and then engraved by the engraver Karel Seizinger. The stamps were issued on the 1st working day in 1930, in nominal values #8203;#8203;of 50h, 60h and 1 CZK in sheet form, the stamp 1 CZK in roll form was issued a year later, 24.1.1931. The printing was done by rotary intaglio printing, as well as the previous issue of small format postage stamps. 4 to 10 printing plates (TD) were used for individual values. The printing form for the sheet finish consisted of two TDs (2 x 200), in the roll finish they were rolls of 1,000 stamps. For the value of 50h, we distinguish 2 types, differing from each other by hatching the collar of the coat and tie and the horizontal line above the letter "L" (pennies). Stamps of type I. were printed with the first double plate with the designation "1 - 1A", II. board types 2 - 2A, 4 - 4A, 5 - 5A, 6 - 6A. Plate 3 - 3A was probably intended for roll release. The paper used is white, thin or exceptionally thick, the glue is usually slightly yellowish, with vertical stripes, occasionally without vertical stripes in the glue. For stamps 50h green II. type and 1 CZK red, glassy to translucent paper is also very rare. Line perforation #344;Z 9 was used for all values #8203;#8203;of this emission. The cost of CZK 1 in a roll design was 1.2 million, the others in hundreds of millioms. Value 50h almost 628 million, 60h more than 102 million and 1CZK almost 892 million pieces. All stamps of this issue expired on March 15, 1937.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/11/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/11/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thanks perf12
That's way more then I could find
Edited by Just_fella - 07/11/2021 4:31 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 903Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05