Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maury France #117 Paper?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 923Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Theres a decent chance I have both types of paper
But I'd like to be sure before I ask for opinions on another

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5756 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   09:29 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Given that the Bristol paper version was a limited print run, and is only priced as mint by Maury, it's highly unlikely that you have that type
Learn More...
9622 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   09:45 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found rare before :)
Again I'd like to see one of these Bristol prints
Edited by Just_fella - 07/10/2021 09:56 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5756 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   10:51 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The logic of these special issues is that they would be produced for sale to collectors. Such collectors might obtain a favour cancel to produce a used cooy, but the likelihood of their then ending up off cover outside a collection must be very low. Not impossible, but …
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stranger things have happened:)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2448 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maury lists only mint examples on bristol, implying there are none used. Other than essays/color trials, what descriptive does Maury give with the variety on bristol? It's right there in the catalog. Then the identification should be clear.

Secondly, how would one confirm bristol when one doesn't know what that is for this stamp?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly!
Somebody throw up a picture please :)
Maury doesn't list everything (example #194 doesn't list double print)
Edited by Just_fella - 07/10/2021 3:00 pm
Learn More...
9622 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   4:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The question has been answered, I suggest that we move on.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies, not her to ruffle feathers
I mentioned #194 not the other one :)
Here's the thing I asked about the paper listings for a reason, I seen something different.
Being that Bristol was the only option for different I went with that....and you hear reprinted you think common
Easy enough...case closed
I guess not cause there a North of 50$ CV
Ok so let's figure out what Bristol is to take it out of the equation
Drama.......I just wanted to see what texture, tone or colour and so on
Seeing there's no picture (that I could find)
Just wanted to throw that out
I'll drop this now
Edited by Just_fella - 07/12/2021 10:35 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2448 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maury says of the bristol paper variety dentelure figurée. I have an idea of what this means (which should make this obvious), but am not positive.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5756 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   12:14 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm assuming indicative perforations that don't exist in their standard, separable form. Was that your shot?
Edited by GeoffHa - 07/12/2021 12:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3155 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   12:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For a Mouchon imperf example...
https://www.auphildutimbre.fr/colle...-signe-p1454
dentelure figurée are printed perforations...

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Printed perforations rule it out...
Now that Bristol is out
Can I ask your opinions? What's this?
I said I seen different (could just be me) that's why I asked :)
Does kinda stand out

Edited by Just_fella - 07/12/2021 1:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7595 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are all used - no telling what has happened to these. They have also been printed for quite a while so there ought to be some variance.

Peter
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 923Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05