Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Never Know When You Need A Screwdriver

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 751Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
168 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jossanders52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Over the years I have several times received from eBay the wrong stamps, but nothing like received today.
Below picture is the Laos stamp on passport pages I did win and the other 3 pictures are the surprise I got.
Shipped from Pakistan to Bangkok Thailand

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add barhata to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One friendly Asian custom is for a seller to provide the buyer with a free gift along with their purchase as a way of wishing them good luck.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but they forgot to include my stamp in the shipment
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stephen J Bukowy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it is rolled up inside the handle, or coming in a different package.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1532 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You'll need it to study flathead plate printings.
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thought it a bit early in the day for a cocktail.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5838 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   1:20 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My worst eBay cock-up came when I sent off two parcels of similar size, one to the West Midlands, one to Normandy. A few days later, I received an anguished eBay message saying "I ordered Aston Villa football programmes and I got a stamp book". I had to send him a Paypal payment to cover postage back to me. I then contacted my French buyer, who very kindly, after I'd sent a further Paypal payment, sent the programmes on to the distressed Brummie. I packed up the stamp album again, and off it went to France. Except it didn't. It sat in the Hermes system for a couple of months before being returned to me.
Valued Member
75 Posts
Posted 07/09/2021   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it common to send used visas, immigration stamps,and passport pages through international post? As a stamp collector, I totally get it, but not everybody will. I can't help but feel even it was fully legal, if an overzealous postal inspector or customs agent found this, they would have a lot of questions and it would around much suspicion, and parties involved could be put on watchlist or something. Especially if it was not your own or relative's, but a stranger's and was from a third country which is not origin or destination. Also why send a package instead of just a letter? I can't help but wonder if screwdriver was a cover and was declared as the payload to conceal the passport page. Although I probably would have used a DVD or something since you can buy a screwdriver anywhere.
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
tsmatx

I think it was a complete screw up to send me a screwdriver.
Am I supposed to mount it in my stamp album?
And what about the other guy possibly in Pakistan, does he have to try to repair his bicycle using a consular revenue stamp?

It is nowhere forbidden to sent passport pages with stamps around the world, specially if the stamp is cancelled and the page visa is from 1975. I guess its different with complete still valid passports.

Also Customs have more important jobs to do then trying to arrest an old used stamps. As long as this world is filled with drugdealers, criminals, pedophiles etc. they have their work cut out for them.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33085 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   04:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jos,
possibly just a mistake be the vendor, (Language problem by staff)
or similar to Geoff's.
Gotta say, that is a classic boo boo.
Hope you get resolution (if via eBay)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6835 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The screwdriver is intended to assist in mounting your new acquisition.
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod, after looking up boo boo in Google, I just learned a new word

Error gaffe slip blunder mistake
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam

I do not think so. If it was to be used to mount my new acquisition, they should send me 2 screwdrivers, one screwdriver to mount and the second to do the mounting
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1517 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a Villa supporter, I may not have noticed. Now I have to decide whether to make bangers or marinara pasta for Sunday lunch during the Euro final. Probably will push the choice into Sunday morning and hope for an answer in church.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5838 Posts
Posted 07/10/2021   2:33 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being from the north-east of England, I regard the "England" team as being from another country. I shall be supporting the Azzurri, who've been a joy to watch. You'll probably find that ten seconds of hearing the England fans whistling and booing the Italian anthem will decide you.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1193 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad it wasn't a sonic screwdriver.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 751Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05