Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Free Mailing From Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 529Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3793 Posts
Posted 07/11/2021   8:56 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is anyone else getting free mailing when using eBay addressed labels?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jmdregs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never received any free mailing from E-bay, but I used to purchase my mailing labels from them and occasionally I would be charged about 50% of the USPS Priority Mail rate on stuff I was sending out. I found this to be confusing in that E-bay would always collect the difference from my Paypal account sooner or later. Unfortunately, the customer observing the deeply discounted franking on the E-bay purchased label would wrongfully assume that I was pocketing the difference that I was eventually donned for. I would then have to write an Email explaining what was happening. I stopped purchasing mailing labels through E-bay and I've had no more complaints.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1197 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   12:02 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you guys are talking about. I only use eBay address labels. I send out a dozen or so a week. Pricing is very consistent. Certainly never got any free ones.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 07/12/2021   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How are you getting free mailing? I've been selling on eBay since 2000. Never seen mailing rates from eBay discounted at 50% off of USPS or for free. If you know something the other's here don't please feel free to share the information.

Is this a Australian thing? Deals from down under?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3793 Posts
Posted 10/13/2021   12:15 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The free eBay mailing labels is back on all orders but had a good look this time.

It does look good but it is free only for your 1st label.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
Posted 10/13/2021   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What difference does it make what you actually pay for shipping. In all honesty it's really more of a shipping and handling charge. The cost of me storing the item, writing up or printing out the address label, licking and sticking the stamp, the envelope itself. Nothing is free. Also, some people keep prices low but shipping high just to get an eye catching listing which can be annoying but honestly is fine. I remember the days when shipping was totally for the seller and eBay only got a cut of the priceó at least that's according to my father.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3793 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   5:09 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! How things have changed.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 529Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05