Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can I Get Help With A #111 5c Blanc Id?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 980Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Just_fella to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First one I try I'm lost..
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
11b?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7595 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried www.stampworld.com ?

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 07/14/2021 4:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/14/2021   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet but I will
I'm just using the new Maury

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2450 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maury has plenty of images to help you eliminate the ones that are not this stamp. You certainly are having great difficulty in using it to the point of making assumptions about nonexistent things that are not mentioned in it. I suggest returning to a more basic catalog like Scott.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   07:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was that about this stamp or the other?
insinuating something not listed again?
Edited by Just_fella - 07/15/2021 2:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2450 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was that about this stamp or the other?

For assumptions and speculations about varieties, I'm speaking of the other stamps in the other post and earlier posts also. France has been thoroughly studied for years and years and it would be nearly impossible if you had some major variety not in the catalog.

Still, in this case, you are apparently again confusing yourself by ignoring the clear information which is being given to you by Maury.

If the question is the exact color, be aware there were many printings in many shades. Catalogs only list the most obvious/most significant shades and best match is all that can be done without having dated plate number positions (milliséme). Further, used stamps are often not the best for examples of shades.
Edited by hy-brasil - 07/15/2021 4:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So what is it I'm no good with colour?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2450 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I said "if". I certainly can't tell what is going through your mind. I do know that Maury is a very clear and concise reference and you're showing that you are failing to grasp the information that is given there.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'm not sure what I'm thinking....seeing I was asking for help
I may have questions though
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7595 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you please tell us what Maury 111b is, and why you think this is it?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The toes
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5756 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the usual caveats about colours and monitors, this looks like 111B type IA - blue-green.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
111b vert blue 1a type 1 foot

This foot

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6600 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cue the dead horse......
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1047 Posts
Posted 07/15/2021   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No dead horse, I see it don't worry
Learning curve
Trying to just figure out a few minor visual obstacles for me

Like this one bothers me

Doesn't look like the images
Looks odd looks fake

Edited by Just_fella - 07/15/2021 7:55 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 980Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05