Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps N' Covers Where Ever You Find Them

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 469Next Topic  
Valued Member
214 Posts
Posted 07/21/2021   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add patg23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wouldn't normally cross the road to buy a modern FDC (nothing personal).

But won't throw away if found in a box lot. Or, if someone drops a bag of them in my lap.
Which is what happened today.

My brother stopped by and handed me a bag of covers (FDC). He likes old books, and was at one recently and saw these in a box marked "5 each". So as he does at all thrift stores, asked how much for all. Lady did a quick calc and said $2.

I have to mention it was my brother who got me started in stamps. I (ahem ) borrowed the collection he started to get his Boy Scout merit badge. He reminds me and asks how his collection is doing every time we get together.

Turns out there were 137 PO fresh covers in the lot.Including these few I've shown with 21 plate blocks of four.I'm attracted to PNC's.as an informal side collection.

I may not primary collect them, but I do appreciate a nice cover when I find it.
Best to all,
pat

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 07/21/2021   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Artcraft covers...my favourites.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
281 Posts
Posted 07/21/2021   6:02 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul!

I particularly like the House of Farnum and CC Cachet covers. Any other cachet makers in the bunch? (Besides Artcraft, Artmaster and Fleetwood I mean).

John
Valued Member
Canada
8 Posts
Posted 07/21/2021   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zagraham to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul! I do like me some fresh-looking FDCs.
Valued Member
214 Posts
Posted 07/26/2021   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the breakdown:
Postal Commemorative Society - 5
Fleetwood - 17
CC Cachets - 20
House of Farnum - 21
Artmaster - 25
Artcraft-52

Recount is 140.

Found another PNC.

Found a few with this insert "Limited Edition"

These two shared the same ( HF & CC Catchets)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
281 Posts
Posted 07/26/2021   4:38 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pat - thanks for sharing the story, and the covers. If I'm reading correctly, the "Duke" cover was one of 18 prepared...

It looks like a nice, clean bunch of covers!

John
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 469Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05