Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

European Wrappers Or Test Sheets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 214Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
47 Posts
Posted 07/24/2021   03:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add PKsPassport to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are there European wrappers or tests. I found them in old European boxes in the closet. I've noticed that they don't seemed to be complete designs. Let me know your thoughts about these. Are they collectable and does anyone here collect them.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
1879 Posts
Posted 07/24/2021   07:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The one from Monaco is a wrapper,first issued in 1898
017 is some kind of date : 17th week of year 0 (1900 or 1910...)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by vayolene - 07/24/2021 07:43 am
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
Posted 07/24/2021   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Bavaria item is a newspaper wrapper. The posthorns in the UL and UR instead of the denomination are normal for stationery.

They are definitely collectable. The Bavaria is listed in the Michel Ganzsachen catalog along with postcards and stamped envelopes.
Edited by Germania - 07/24/2021 08:53 am
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 07/27/2021   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PKsPassport to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry I've been under the weather. I just couldn't put my finger on what exactly they were. I'm glad someone knew what they were. Thank you

I've got to say this you gentlemen just blow me away with your knowledge!!! I wish that I had 1000th the wisdom that's portrayed here. Again thank you all!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05