Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are The 2020 Mayflower Stamps Sold Out?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 753Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2844 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   1:00 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
HI folks... since the USPS doesn't mail me their catalog anymore, can anyone confirm that the Mayflower stamps are sold out online/direct? I can't find them listed on their website.

Curious...
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
71 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
not on eBay USPS, usps.com, nor the latest USPS catalog.

link to the USPS catalog

https://www.usps.com/stamp-collecti..._catalog.pdf

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2844 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   4:11 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mean OFFICIALLY sold out, and I did look at the USPS website... only versions listed are the "collectibles" like FDCs. No option to purchase sheets. Notice also not listed in the catalog. Seems too soon to be taken off sale through the catalog.

EDIT: do you mean "NO, not sold out" or "NO, none on..." ? I may be reading your post wrong.
Edited by Nells250 - 08/02/2021 4:14 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
71 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gwanghoops to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
my unclear wording -- I meant the Mayflower panes aren't available for purchase from the USPS via eBay, USPS.com, nor the latest catalog. Outside of calling SFS, are there any other sources?
Valued Member
United States
35 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems so
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen plenty of them at my local POs. It seems they were rather ugly and nobody bought them!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7603 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oldboldandbrash, are you talking about the same Mayflower stamp that I have seen? I thought it was a great stamp, one of the better ones lately

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
885 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nells250

Are you talking about Scott 5524? I did a quick search and saw a number of BIN on eBay. One seller had 300 sheets available. Another had 9 remaining sheets.
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   9:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USPS had them at the WESTPEX booth this weekend. Supply might vary by PO.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1180 Posts
Posted 08/03/2021   04:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2020 Bugs Bunny stamps also vanished from the USPS website remarkably fast.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2844 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   3:10 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
AH, ok, so it DOES look like they are sold out via the USPS site itself. And I wouldn't call them ugly! BUT HEY, that's me...

https://mayflowereventnews.com/mayflower-stamp/

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7603 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am with you on this Nells - I like them!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2695 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   8:13 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like 'em too.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree ... my favorite stamp from 2020.
Valued Member
United States
35 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a good looking stamp.
Valued Member
31 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my limited experience purchasing USPS stamps this is how their availability diminishes:

a) If you get the catalog (and you can call to have a hard copy mailed to you) you will be able to pre-order some stamps in certain formats (usually full panes, possibly for a few stamps an imperf or perf press sheet)

b) The next phase is the stamps show on the USPS site ahead of their release for pre-order.

c) Upon release the stamps begin to be available at post offices. If your post office has a small inventory ask them if there are any ones with ample stock of stamps (older staff may refer to them as philatelic centers which usually carried most or all of the current inventory of USPS stamps and were the main way to get them before online ordering replaced it).

d) If you can, ask for the USPS Philatelic Catalog or at least check the online one. It offers in the fine print indicators of when a stamp will no longer be sold or those which you could customize an order (e.g. say you want a pane of 4 with the plate number showing). One example of its notifications given in the catalog, by the end of September the First Class Mail Forever Thank You Stamps will no longer be for sale. Already these stamps are hard to find at several of my local post offices, the only resource seems to be through online or catalog order.

e) Once a stamp is no longer sold online, you have to go to the secondary market or see if the post office happens to have some extras remaining (usually they do for the low value stamps, not for first class mail and higher denomination stamps).

f) One warning when buying stamps. Many sellers on eBay will charge a higher rate than what the USPS is concurrently selling for the same stamp!!!!! This is true for other secondary dealers unless they have a contract with a country/territory to sell their stamps at face value.

As a PS. the USPS Philatelic catalogs are lovely items themselves and fun to peruse.
Edited by chris s - 08/17/2021 4:45 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 753Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05