Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are The 2020 Mayflower Stamps Sold Out?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,784Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
76 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mayflower design is a good design but nothing very special. I think it suffered from the expectations many imparted on a stamp to commemorate such a pivotal event in US and UK histories.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8154 Posts
Posted 08/17/2021   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish there would be engraved designs again. It can elevate even the more mundane designs to another level.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2891 Posts
Posted 08/17/2021   5:05 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Splurged on two Mayflower sheets at a PO I sometimes use... the lady clerk was surprised when I said they are sold out online!

(I agree about engraved stamps)
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 10/04/2021   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the Mayflower stamp. I think it is beautiful. Also, I got a sheet :)
Valued Member
76 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam -- Well, the USPS does produce some lovely intaglio stamps. Here are a few I recommend:

2018 $1, $2, $5 Statues of Freedom definitives. I posted a pic of the 4 stamp panel of the $5 I bought directly from the USPS. Scott 5295 - 5296. Worth getting a pane of them.

2021 Forever First Class Mail Commemorative "Go For Broke" honoring Japanese-American soldiers in WW2.Scott 5593

And you know of the Waves of Color $10, $5, $2 and $1 series. They are attractive stamps using intaglio.

But yes the last classically engraved stamp according to the Engraved Stamps site was the Greta Garbo stamp of 2005. Of course there are others easily available in the secondary market too.

As for non-US stamps, I did get the $8 Canadian bear stamp which was produced using the steel engraving method. Beautiful stamp and still for sale at the Canadian post office site.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8154 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris - I absolutely agree with your choices. The Transcontinental Railroad stamps of 2019, while not engraved, are also really great looking stamps.
Wallis And Futuna Islands
4 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add registereduser to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As someone who works behind the counter, unless someone tells us about the website side, we really don't know what's in stock on the website. I mean, I do, but I collect some of the new stuff so I usually check to see if anything has sold out.
I would love to see stamps in the vein of Transcontinental Railroad and Sun Science, every year. The Sun Science stamps went pretty fast on the store side.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with most that they are a beautiful stamp. My local post office said they sold out of sheets rather quickly compared to other issues.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage Breed is available literally nowhere anymore. Also, I was extremely annoyed when I went to several post offices on or even AFTER the first date of issue for the Tiger New Year Stamp and they didn't have them! A little defeating. The lady at the office I went to a few days after issue said that they weren't even releasing them yet! Obviously a lie since I had bought them on issue day at the third po I went to. :/ Where has our world gone…
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,784Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05