Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Vat "Code: Paid" - Where Does This Go On Packages?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
560 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stamps101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have added this CODE PAID line with the reference number on several things headed off to Australia and the eBay shipping address seemed to be straight forward but for the life of me I can't recall where this line went (and can't find an old invoice). Today, I have to send something off to the UK and have a similar line to now add but eBay's shipping address is a wee bit confusing. I have always actually struggled a bit with figuring out how to write UK addresses and this just added to my head scratching. Here is an example, with identifiers changed to something random:

Jimithy Beam
Flat 221, Sesame Street,
Barrington Crescent GB 999 9999 99 Code:Paid
Barkham
Berkshire
SP3 5TM
United Kingdom

Any advice on exactly how to write this on a package properly? Do I do it exactly as shown with the VAT code basically on the same line as the address? Also, do you tend to combine the village and county or write on separate lines as eBay has it? And final question, do I need to include an invoice or packing slip on the outside of the package or can I still just keep those inside?

Sorry for the rather newbie questions but I tried Google first and could not find much conclusive or that I could comprehend lol, particularly the VAT code line piece.

Thank you in advance!!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
923 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have always combined the town & county on a single line, similar to how you'd do it for US/Canada. They've always arrived. No idea on the other questions, sorry.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5771 Posts
Posted 08/02/2021   2:55 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your address lay-out is correct, although Flat 221 and Sesame Street should be on separate lines. That code bang in the middle of the address looks likely to confuse the post office. I'd have it entirely separate from the address.

Maybe invoice inside, customs declaration outside?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
536 Posts
Posted 08/03/2021   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always gone to eBay's order page and clicked on 'purchase shipping label' and used the format that they show. Without purchasing the label. So far they all seem to have made it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05