Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Russia 1922 10r SC #212 Or Zagorsky Rsfsr #60 - Double Brown Printing

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 309Next Topic  
Valued Member
459 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add souldjer777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Morning,

Please have a look at my Russia 1922 Scott Catalog #212 / Zagorsky RSFSR #60. I can see the double brown printing and need opinion on if the stamp is genuine.

Thanks

Send note to Staff
Whatever you see is for sale, just email me an honest offer

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6841 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree that there is doubling going on as well as the brown being shifted. Neat stamp.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5522 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find , yes it is a double printing . I think it is a very early printing of that stamp. They later clean it up and then it doesn't have all that shading in brown of the lettering .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5522 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the same stamp from which I believe to be a later printing . As you can see they cleaned up the stamp and reduce all that shading around the lettering .
Valued Member
459 Posts
Posted 08/06/2021   08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add souldjer777 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your opinions and for sharing your materials. That's fantastic news - much appreciated. Always on the lookout for the diamond in the rough. I search for one reason, my son who has a heart condition. Now, I just need to sell it. But prior to selling it, I need an idea of what it's worth. Which is always a stumbling block if you have no previous sales to go on of the exact same type. Unless I'm mistaken?
Edited by souldjer777 - 08/06/2021 08:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6841 Posts
Posted 08/06/2021   10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Souldjer - Personally, I would contact Raritan in NJ for an opinion. They are honest and are experts in Russia/Soviet material.
Valued Member
459 Posts
Posted 08/06/2021   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add souldjer777 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the advice - I did exactly that. "double brown under black (your stamp)" Contemplating a cert.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 309Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05