Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Introduction - Newer Collector - Canadian Living In The UK

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add WillUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I am reasonably new to stamps. I had some old German stamps and inflation issues which were interesting. This led to German and DDR sets and some interesting stamps. Being a Canadian living in the UK I also ended up with some Canadian stamps and more recently a fair number of Newfoundland stamps.
However, what really catches my eye is not necessarily the most valuable. I bought an old collection off the internet and then realised that all the stamps had been carefully selected for having strong SON socked on the nose cancellations. There are some really nice looking stamps there even from areas I do not collect. I am going to post one of my favourite looking stamps - I don't think it is worth anything and it came on one of the envelopes for stamps I bought from Germany! I will post another recent purchase that is interesting. If you want to see more of the rare stamps I am adding them to an online stamp book so I can share some..... Will
Send note to Staff
Edited by WillUK - 08/05/2021 08:50 am

Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice stamp
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting and high catalogue value stamp from my German collection...Thurn & Taxis stamp Mi. #35 (issued in 1865). Fault free condition. 2013 Michel catalog value = 500.00 Euros
Valued Member
United Kingdom
82 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WillUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK a few more I like. Colourful and large Soviet Zone stamps and a nice early Ireland stamps.

Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   10:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome aboard!
Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WillUK

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05