Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Giveaway: Canada Modern Parcel Wrapper

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 321Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1525 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received the parcel wrapper shown (in part) here and don't collect modern Canada. Does anyone want it? I'll send it postpaid to the first respondent with more than 50 quality posts. To express interest, click on my screen name (patentwriter) and send an email.

One side may end up folded, in order to fit it into the catalog envelopes that I have available. Sorry that the image is not in sharp focus; the item is "lumpy".

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the giveaway. Sent you an email.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris
Is it possible to post a complete scan of these two please?
I would like images of the indicia, for my records.
Do not recall seeing them prior.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1229 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, those are service identifier labels applied by clerk. 1st is expresspost label. Not the main part, but indicating that is the paid method. Main expresspost label with barcode is probably on other side, hence the 2nd label. It is just a label applied by postal employee to turn parcel or letter over to see paperwork and barcode, and probably the customs form on the other side of package.

Some of Canadian identifier labels shown below as on the Canada Post .ca website. The main label has name spaces, barcode data, etc. US and international have slightly different methods and or names, depending on package size and weight.

Priority (P) is top of line and most expensive.
Expresspost (1) is fastest guaranteed delivery within a time as compared to Expedited (2) which has a longer delivery guarantee. Regularparcel(3) is standard service with tracking and no guarantee. Insurance cost is extra.
Express and expedited have signiture and insurance up to $100.00 included, and additional $2.25 for each additional $100.00 insurance.

Funny that they continue to push the faster more expensive services even though the delivery guarantee has been disallowed since April 2020 during the pandemic, and to my knowledge has not been rescinded yet. As well I just noted a new policy change dated July which stated that a refund for guaranteed delivery will not be refunded unless it is two or more days late. Why are people paying extra for guaranteed service if it cannot be provided?

Mike

Edited by No1philatelist - 08/09/2021 11:08 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 08/10/2021   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mike,
an extensive and well laid out response, thanks for your time spent. (saved)

I have found "Voir au Verso" on another forum

I think I have these indicia, but on numerous covers from dealer,
and before I collected Canadian Indicia.
So not processed as yet.

Edited by rod222 - 08/10/2021 12:37 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 321Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05