Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello And Thank You From A New Member

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 337Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mainer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone - After many months of lurking as a guest I've finally set up a user account. I mostly wanted to say Thank You to the sponsors and community admins as well as all the folks sharing their knowledge here. I'm getting back to my collection after many years and I've had to relearn the state of the art from all the excellent advice here (e.g. "throw away the Crystal mounts but keep the old packets of Dennison hinges").

I even solved the "Which Album?" conundrum (for me) -- Thank you to Clive and AlbumEasy.

For those of you with a background in Canadian philatelic history, my Great Grandfather was early (and controversial) Nova Scotia collector and dealer Henry Hechler. His eldest son was my grandfather who started my older brother and I collecting. We still have the 1890 Schaubek album Henry gave him for his 11th birthday in the family.
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9910 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   12:10 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are in southern Maine, you are welcome at York County Stamp Club meetings in Sanford. We meet the second and fourth Thursdays of the month except during summer. We will resume in late August. We meet in the basement of the Masonic Hall on Elm St. Socializing begins at 6:30, meeting begins at 7:00. We would be happy to see you. Nothing to be afraid of, most of the members don't bite.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
44 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum!! I had a similar story lurking before I setup an account. Worth it, have gotten a lot of questions answered;)

-E
Pillar Of The Community
United States
637 Posts
Posted 08/14/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3207 Posts
Posted 08/15/2021   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
503 Posts
Posted 08/15/2021   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mainer,

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
Posted 08/15/2021   07:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   09:23 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to have you here, welcome!
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
Posted 08/16/2021   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamp Hunting to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum.

I have found more information on this forum then anywhere else. Even when my pathetic searches on the forum don't work I go to google. Google sends me right back here, straight to the article I was looking for.

The amount of information is staggering.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05