Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Did Things Go At Rasdale Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 909Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7104 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got busy and completely forgot about the auction.

How was the bidding?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
809 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   9:59 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bidding was quite spirited with many lots going for multiples of the 'suggested bid.' Bargains were far and few between. After sitting through most of the auction (while trying not to fall asleep since there's no sound), imagine my delight when the lot I was most interested in went for 4x estimate (2x higher than I was willing to go).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7104 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Doc. Maybe best that I missed it!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1018 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, on the WW lot front, no real bargains to be found. Picked up one lot, kicked the tires on a few others, but most went significantly higher than I was prepared to go. Market continues to be strong I feel - will be interesting to see whether this continues in the fall when quite a few collection lot auctions will be held.

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1932 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prices seem to be holding. It might be time for a correction.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5575 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with GMOT ,prices were strong on the bulk lots , country collections did not do as well but most were not described well and very little was for more advance collectors or maybe say most were starter collections. The worldwide albums sold well ,which I watch because I been filling a large International set for sale in the fall ,so I had a interest how they do .

Internet buying was aggressive for material to sell .

I believe those bidders are watching the speed of bidding on the floor and then decide to jump in if something looks good and others are bidding the price up . We should give this a name like ---"I want it too" or "If the price jumps it must be good " Years ago many floor bidders would watch the pro's and if they were bidding it must be good mentality.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader, did you end up getting any of the lots you planned on bidding for?
I was interested in the Germany colour study you mentioned, was wondering if we could anticipate any things to look for posted by you about it?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5575 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JUST FELLA --Yes did get the lot , it will be shipped in two weeks . The way the previous owner mounted it is not the way I want it . He over lapped the stamps . I would use a side by side lay out with footnotes to color . Guess each collector has their way they feel is best .
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff, happy to hear it
With the comments, I wasn't sure…
I'll look forward to seeing how you organize them!
(Maybe before and after photos?)
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
Posted 08/22/2021   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bid on 7 lots - got only 2. Usually do much better but keeping a low profile. The one I really wanted went for more than I wanted to spend. Come on November.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7104 Posts
Posted 08/23/2021   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just got a look at the prices realized. One of the lots I was watching was estimated at $450. It went for $2200 plus tip. Yikes
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
Posted 08/24/2021   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes!!!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
134 Posts
Posted 08/24/2021   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FloorTrader - I would suggest momementum bidders or bidding to label what you describe as biders jumping in because others are bidding.
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
Posted 08/24/2021   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader & Just Fella
Where was the German Color study - I missed it in the auction. What was the lot #

Thanks
Rich
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5575 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rich ----I will have them in a week or so ,hope to show them but first I want to check Michel catalog for the right lay out on my pages as their catalog .
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 909Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05