Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has The Post Office Left And Gone On Vacation?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,423Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1135 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Timm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've got 3 tracking numbers for packages with stamps coming and all three have been delayed at least a week or more with no idea where they are in the system. The packages are supposed to be coming from Texas, Florida and New York. In the past 8 days I've received only 2 pieces of junk mail and NOTHING else. My neighbor is the same, only 2 pieces of junk mail in a week, nothing else; he usally gets twice that everyday!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6833 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are all in CRT training.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ouch!
Its your local service!
You will have to wait it out.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. CRT training. I've seen tracking packages bouncing all over the place. Sometimes back and forth. Crazy.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
378 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Odd, I am now getting stuff from Canada to my home in Florida in 5-7 days. Used to be 8-10.
Valued Member
450 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am seeing the same thing.

Tracked mail with 3 day periods with no updates.

I have one that was supposed to be here last week and it went from WI to CA with no updates. Suddenly today it is here in ABQ and I will hopefully get it tomorrow. Mailed 16 Aug from WI and didn't leave the state until the 19th. Nothing. 23rd in Carson, CA. Nothing. 25th in ABQ.

Had another 1st Class Insured envelope they showed as delivered but it wasn't in my PO box at the PO. Brought my website print out and showed it to the young lady who said it wasn't with the packages. I stated it was a letter and she told me you can't insure a letter. Asked which part of the DMM stated that and she gave me a blank look. Thankfully one of the supervisors was there who has found several of my other "lost" packages. She took my cell number and texted me an hour later to tell me she had found it. Even apologized for the young lady arguing with me :-)

I had 1 letter last week and I usually get much more than that. Didn't even get junk mail, to include the USPS card declaring they are hiring my Informed Delivery took a picture of.
Edited by StateRevs - 08/25/2021 10:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5836 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   01:47 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nik desperandum - all is not awry. I sent a package of cigarette cards from London on 11 August. The route shown by the tracking appeared quite logical, and it was delivered to Park Ridge, Illinois on 19 August.

In the days before one could organise a re-delivery, I often found myself at the local sorting office, where staff had great difficulty in finding the things they'd brought back from rounds. The trick was to see a brilliant lady called Alison, who could be relied upon to find things. She failed one day, but, a few hours later, pulled up in her car outside my house on her way home and handed me my parcel.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3151 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mail delivery has improved including incoming international but not as consistent as before COVID or DeJoy.
Al
Edited by angore - 08/26/2021 07:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1192 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mail delivery here in the San Francisco Bay Area hasn't been horrible. Yesterday I got a purchase from Victoria, BC, Canada (untracked letter): ten days from payment to receipt. Stuff from Western Europe usually takes about two weeks. I recently got an eBay purchase from Kyrgyzstan surprisingly fast, and I just bought some postcards from a Ukrainian seller on Delcampe. It remains to be seen how long it takes for them to get here.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anything going through Baltimore is still hit or miss and when it misses it misses by A LOT. I still mail from Waynesboro PA (just north of us) so my sales don't go through Balt. Since doing that I have had no complaints. My son-in-law who is a post offine employee tells me horror stories stemming from Baltimore frequently.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
506 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a recent purchase get "stuck" in the Detroit Network Distribution Center for 7 days until the seller instituted a USPS search for it. Suddenly it magically appeared and was forwarded to San Francisco and then on to Portland OR.

A Registered Mail shipment sent Oct 9 2020 has not been found to this day.

Gotta love the Pony Express.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
482 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There could be something more at work here with respect to the apparent failure of USPS delivery and tracking....

On Tuesday 17th Aug, just after noon, I sent a priority mail package from my usual little SE Pennsylvania post office to Harrisburg Penna, our state capital. According to my receipt, delivery was expected Friday 20th.

On Friday 20th mid-morning I checked the tracking number online using my ipad and got no results, save a message "not a valid tracking number." I tried again, quite carefully, and got the same result.
Does the USPS not like ipad key entry?
So I go into my home office and check using my PC.
Painstakingly entered the 22 digit code. Same null result, twice.

Now I'm getting a little concerned 'cause this is a license plate I am returning to the DMV.

So I use my iphone to call the USPS number on my receipt, hoping to reach an intelligent agent (a.k.a., human being).
I go into a robo-menu, but when prompted I enter the tracking number, carefully yet again.

Now I get an aural update; the package was delivered (into a PO box) during the night of Thursday 19th.

So the USPS came through on time, and one might say tracking worked -- just not via keyboard and PC! Go figure. I suspect some very serious gateway issues, although I would not expect something like that to go more than a day without someone noticing and correcting.

-Jonathan

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1135 Posts
Posted 08/28/2021   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update on the three missing packages.
I finally got a good Post Office phone number for tracking packages and spent over an hour Friday morning with them.
Today, Saturday, as if by magic, all 3 of the missing packages arrived.

WOW !
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 08/29/2021   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Timm,

Would you mind sharing that phone number? It would help a lot of people out.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1135 Posts
Posted 08/30/2021   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have the exact phone number. I called 1-800-275-8777 and asked for help with lost packages with tracking numbers. They transfered me to a number who then transfered me to another number.
I got a very nice lady who was on her second day of being with the U.S.P.S. She was inexperienced but worked very hard to get all of the correct answers and helped me fill out a claim over the phone. I do NOT have a smart phone so it took over an hour to complete everything but the results were great with everything being delivered the next day.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
529 Posts
Posted 08/31/2021   10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ah, glad it was delivered jleb1979

I had a friend in a similar situation last winter but after several calls to the MVA (Maryland) he managed to get someone who could put the tracking number in the system to hold off on any additional fees or fines.
Edited by jconey - 08/31/2021 10:27 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,423Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05