Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has The Post Office Left And Gone On Vacation?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,399Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1662 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   7:54 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
Not sure who you work for ("violates corporate Internet policy") that they would not want you visiting the Afghan Post site, but it is safe and clean (according to 80_+ of the top AV companies).
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/...19/detection

Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1662 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Don,

With respect, anything more recent than this?

Jim

Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 09/09/2021   07:06 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
First, the evidence of proof is on you…YOU are the one has sounded the alarm publicly. And speaking of publicly, did it cross your mind to contact me privately before sounding an alarm? Did it occur to you how this throws me, a guy who is a Mod here, under the bus by saying that I posted a dangerous link? Grrrr.

Second, I have run this site through multiple AV checkers and they all came back clean (and I am not going to list or post the results of all of them because it hijacks this thread and no one wants to read this crap). Instead of posting a general 'warning' how about letting me know more information on whatever your company AV app found? Which AV app was it? What type of issue did it think it found? Details?

Third, I have 33+ years of IT experience including running corporate AV apps. AV apps ALWAYS err on the side of false positives for VERY obvious reasons. Note that some companies also configure the AV to block ANY website they do not feel is applicable to their business. So it could be that it is throwing that message whether or not it actually scanned the site; for example your company could be blocking the IP addresses for any website in that region of the world. I have no idea if it is or not because you gave no detailed information.

And for the record, we do our jobs here. I read every single post (whether or not I want to and even when the posts are moronic) and go to every single link that is posted. The staff here removes any link that is malicious or illegal. If anyone has any questions regarding anything that is posted there is a 'Send Note to Staff' link on every page. We respond to these in extraordinary time (typically within minutes). If anyone has their AV generate an alert, please provide details.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1130 Posts
Posted 09/28/2021   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe all mail should be sent the same way "Junk Mail" is sent.
That would guarantee next day delivery for everyone.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,399Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05