Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Radio And Tv On Stamps!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 363Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm a newbie looking to start my first stamp collection - making it topical, I'm interested in both domestic and foreign stamps with the topic of radio and/or television communications. Not so much broadcast talent but rather any stamps depicting organizations, commemoratives, the mediums themselves, etc.. Pics of stamps would be fun to view but also looking for advice on how to collect these stamps, preferably in quantity. Thank you!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7719 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! And the place for you to be is here: https://americantopical.org/Checklist

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Petert4522 - 08/26/2021 5:41 pm
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the suggestion! Are there any other options, preferably something that doesn't cost a year's membership to obtain the info?
And, I am interested in seeing what you all have in your collection! Thanks again!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
preferably something that doesn't cost a year's membership to obtain the info?

eBay shall be your friend.... Employ text strings "Radio" etc

I have 149 at first glance, a few shown here.... and an India TV and Radio Licence Booklet scan

Tally Ho ! Enjoy your journey.

Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wow ...love those! Would love to see more from everyone! Now that I think of it, I might just fuel my interest as to even pics of the stamps ... fascinating enough to me! Thank you very much!
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I grew up listening to Radio Nederland and Radio Australia so your post is especially endearing to me
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33557 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   10:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Television. Random.

Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!!! Love it!! Thank you!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1668 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a site you can look through without cost:

https://www.freestampcatalogue.com/...d-television
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/29/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much! Extremely interesting!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
810 Posts
Posted 08/30/2021   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would wager there are thousands of stamps which depict broadcasting from the point of view of signal transmission. Developing countries in particular I think commemorate the opening of mass communications through radio masts and the like and I'm sure you can find enough to swamp you!

It sounds like an interesting topic, and my initial thoughts are that it would pay you to zone in on certain aspects - eg an emphasis on stamps which depict actual domestic TV sets or radio sets. But hey, it's your project! Good luck.

BTW, Great Britain 1972 issued a stamp showing a TV studio camera, which you can obtain for pennies.
Edited by Ringo - 08/30/2021 2:03 pm
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 08/30/2021   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mwb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your comments!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05