Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Modern Stamp Perforation Hole Size Differences

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,015Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jogil,

You had previously shown singles of 1367 with small holes and 1368 singles with both small and large holes.

The two blocks you are showing here are too far away from the CBN 1369 to compare the hole sizes.
Can you post a picture with the stamps aligned close together the same way I did in my post?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
3526 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jogil,

Thanks for reposting the stamps I asked for.

You mentioned a possible "medium" perf hole size for the Ashton-Potter.

Below are the APCL blocks from my earlier post along with a matching CBN single at left (I can't find the CBN plate blocks and fear that they got lost in a move).

First the APCL 1365i large holes matched to CBN 1365 large holes. I don't really see a difference.

Next the APCL 1373ii large holes matched to CBN 1373 large holes. Again, I don't see a difference.

Finally, the APCL 1369i small holes matched to CBN 1369 large holes. The difference is obvious.

Peter
Edited by pwscg - 09/15/2021 1:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
3526 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pwscg: Did you find any AP stamps with different perf hole sizes with the same denomination? This is an ongoing search to see what emerges from all of this.
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jogil,

I have not. I will check my used copies in the next few days. I'm tied up at the moment with other things.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
3526 Posts
Posted 09/21/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are some earlier stamps along with these that I am looking into and I will post pictures when I am finished. They cover a range from Queen Elizabeth II (1995) stamps to the Trades (2002) stamps.
Edited by jogil - 09/21/2021 11:33 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,015Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05