Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

For Jeremy Glick, Judoka, And All Others In A Shanksville, Pennsylvania Field

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 306Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
727 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I still remember speaking with you and watching you at the 1993 (USA) National Collegiate Judo Championships in San Francisco. And, after that day over Pennsylvania, your name is always on my lips.

Well done. Well done, all.

I, a mere rokudan, bow to you and remain yours in Judo.

You exemplified Jita-Kyoei and Seiryoku-Zenyo.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 09/10/2021 5:16 pm

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
288 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   5:14 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

John
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 09/10/2021   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
727 Posts
Posted 09/11/2021   4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The battle on Fight 93 as heard on the black box:
https://www.nps.gov/flni/learn/hist...anscript.htm

From https://www.newyorker.com/news/disp...ed-flight-93 :

The crew and passengers, herded into the back of the plane, used the onboard phones, and their personal cell phones, to call people on the ground. Learning that other hijackers had just flown jetliners into both towers of the World Trade Center, they held a vote. Unarmed civilians, unbound by duty, they included a college judo champ, a former air-traffic controller, and a retired registered nurse. In an act that has become American lore over the past twenty years, the passengers and crew members chose to attack the knife-wielding hijackers and "retake the plane."

They rushed the first-class cabin, carrying out what the 9/11 Commission's report called a "sustained" assault. One of the plane's data recorders captured "loud thumps, crashes, shouts, and breaking glasses and plates." The hijacker flying the plane, as if to throw the assaulters off balance, rocked the aircraft left and right. One hijacker asked, "Shall we finish it off?" Another said to wait. A passenger shouted, "In the cockpit. If we don't, we'll die!" The hijacker soon asked again, "Shall we put it down?" This time, the answer was yes. The 9/11 Commission concluded that the hijackers "judged that the passengers were only seconds from overcoming them."

One passenger's widow recalled that her husband had said, by phone, "We're waiting until we're over a rural area." The authors of the 9/11 Commission's report highlighted the passengers' selflessness: "Their actions saved the lives of countless others, and may have saved either the Capitol or the White House from destruction." The report reached an astonishing conclusion: "the defense of U.S. airspace on 9/11" was "improvised by civilians."

Jeremy Glick and Judo
http://goltzjudo.com/glick.htm

A look back, from Jeremy's Family
https://www.11alive.com/article/new...d363ec48e68b

Heroes :
to all 40.

Plus : (No appropriate icon for here activated for this website)
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
Posted 09/11/2021   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted to write somthing in support, but words fail me.
May they all rest in peace.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
727 Posts
Posted 09/11/2021   8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wanted to write something in support, but words fail me.
May they all rest in peace.

No need for your words nor our words other than, "Thank you." The words here from a then 15 year old giving a Ted Talk are all the words needed for what happened and how to move on.

Why is a 15 year old giving a Ted Talk? It is not due to who her father is and was; it is due to the wisdom carried in her words, wisdom not heard often from those who are several times older. May have all of the other families found such a path forward. May you too find wisdom in Emmy's words:

mwyR4cx-W3Y
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 09/11/2021 8:44 pm
Valued Member
Canada
173 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parcelpostguy: A mere rokudan??? Well I would call that a lot more than 'mere'. This is a lot of years of sacrifice and dedication behind that red and white belt. This folks sums up the spirit of the martial arts. I bow deeply to you Sir!

I am a nidan in judo.
Learn More...
9752 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   6:43 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

3Lqutq1fR7M

19 year-old Canadian tennis player Leylah Fernandez shows tremendous class and insight in her on-court message the after US Open this weekend.

For me, a bit of hope in a time that could use some.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05