Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Subway Stamps: Catalogue Blowout

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,610Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
560 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Calstamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Visited the Subway Stamps website over the weekend, and noted several older catalogues available at very low prices. Needless to say, will be adding several new resources to the personal philatelic library.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2033 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   10:18 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, cannot find your catalogs on Subway's site. What did you click onto to find them?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
560 Posts
Posted 09/13/2021   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Homepage. Upper right corner. "Product search". Enter "stamp catalogues".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
Posted 09/30/2021   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered a dozen or so catalogues from Subway at $5 apiece back in May; I didn't get them until mid-August. It seemed that they had to physically search for them in the Altoona warehouse... but I *did* get them eventually! They have a huge stock, especially with sll the Postilion books...
Pillar Of The Community
1097 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   12:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is very common with Subway. They nearly always are 'remaindering' old stock like outdated catalogues and books about stamps. If you're thinking this is a new thing or a one-time thing, no it isn't. Sometimes when someone posts information like this the message people read into it is that it's a new thing or a special thing. It's not.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bcantin

Did you contact them about the delay? The word "seemed" is not very precise.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
895 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   2:12 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When Mel was still alive, Subway was the go-to place. Prices were reasonable and orders were shipped quickly, even after they moved to PA. Since he passed, the process has gone to hell. My last two orders from them: the second to last took 3-months to arrive and the last one, after 3-1/2 months of waiting and being told 'soon,' I cancelled. Each time I was told they were waiting for shipments from their suppliers in Germany and I could understand some level of delay due to the pandemic (although direct orders I made from Germany arrived within 3-weeks).
I've spent a small fortune with them (International Classic reprints, albums, binders, slipcases, piles of cover pages, SG products, etc, etc), and would gladly have continued until this nonsense started. If they don't have something in stock, their online catalogue should at least have the decency to say so.
I explained why they had lost a long-time customer and switched over to iHobb. Service there is exemplary.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3490 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In years past, Subway was my favorite seller in part because they attended some shows. This was in the days before most buyers had an expectation of fast shipping.

Over 15 years ago, I stopped using them because poor communication, out of stock items, and minimum shipping. By this time there were multiple sellers that specialized in mounts and basic supplies like Varios with better shipping methods and costs. Subway had based their shipping on just percentage of the total so they were less competitive. I gave them a chance again a few years back on a mount order and as usual they were out of stock of some sizes. They did call to indicate this but decided to cancel the order.

Al
Edited by angore - 10/03/2021 08:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8752 Posts
Posted 10/03/2021   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same carbon copy experience as Doc and Angore. I stopped using them years ago as well and shifted to Brooklyn Gallery, Ihobb, Wizard and others. My opinion is that Subway never evolved after a certain point. The name recognition within our hobby was tremendous but instead of modernizing they stagnated.

Don speaks to the point often. There are so many philatelic websites that seem an afterthought or a "we need something" type deal. They are useless and atrocious. Subway may have a lot of pages but they suck. Little to no useful information on the products. Go elsewhere to find the items details. No real-time inventory. Stupid shipping charges.

I cannot tell you how many times I have looked for something on a philatelic website, especially stamps, and have spent my money elsewhere because the website was a dumpster fire. There is a whole lot of missed opportunity out there. Tech savvy companies willing to invest in great storefronts ARE cashing in.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,610Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05