Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

And Then There's Today's Dutch Country Auction.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 587Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
799 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   11:00 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add docgfd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
...where all bottom feeders are headed out the door with their tails between their legs.
Most lots blowing way past estimates with few unsolds.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5518 Posts
Posted 09/14/2021   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like Dutch Country Auctions ,I find nice stuff in their lots and the best part is the unusual stuff that pops up in their sales .Their descriptions are spot on .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
954 Posts
Posted 09/15/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The country & WW collection lots are up this afternoon and all tomorrow, will be interesting to see how the bidding goes. Have my eye on several, no worries if I don't pick something up, as there's no shortage of collection-heavy auctions this fall.

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
954 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would describe bidding activity as moderate, some lots went over estimate for the usually popular areas, but many lots went for low end/under estimate, and some were passed. Managed to pick up 3 lots I was following, so happy with results.

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
799 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   7:33 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too. I picked a British Commonwealth lot up at well below estimate.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5518 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"well below estimate " "bidding activity as moderate " seems like the COVID buying surge has finally played itself out .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1563 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   9:11 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sat out the DCA auction for the 1st time in years because I really loaded up in August at Rumsey, Weiss and Kelleher, I literally don't have space for more material. Luckily for me eBay sales are still strong so I'll clear out some space soon.

Did anyone else notice that in the introduction to the Kelleher Collections sale they mentioned their next collection sale won't be until December?

Valued Member
75 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was SAN audio working for this auction? This is one of my favorite auctions to listen to (and sometimes bid) as it happens during the work week but I tried listening yesterday and today and just got silence.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
954 Posts
Posted 09/16/2021   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure on the audio, I never turn it on.

There's a good number of auctions later this fall that should have lots of collection - e.g. Aldrich/ABC (Oct 8-9), Maresch (Nov 3-4), Rasdale (Nov 11-12), Sparks (Nov 22-24) and Kelleher (Dec 3-4). Only the first two are on SAN as yet.

So should be plenty to choose from and and with all that material coming on the market, will be interesting to follow realizations.

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
799 Posts
Posted 09/17/2021   12:58 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Audio was working, but there seemed to be some intermittent bugs where it would cut out and the 'listen to' page needed to be reloaded for it to come back on. Didn't happen too often during the Dutch Country auction, but was a regular annoyance during Golden Oak's.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 587Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05